To protect the Windows account, users often set a password using a built-in system function. This allows you to restrict access to personal data and settings, which is very convenient if the computer is used by several people. To enter the user profile at system startup, you will need to enter the assigned password. Thus, unauthorized persons who do not have this information will not be able to take advantage of this opportunity.
But, as practice shows, sometimes the means of protecting privacy and settings from someone else’s interference turn against the very same owner of the account. Passwords are often forgotten , and even if they are written down somewhere, they can get lost. The situation is complete delight when the profile is the only one and the user has administrative access to the computer. You will not be able to bypass the Windows logon screen without entering a password, which means that you will not be able to log into the operating system.
To solve the problem of not having access to the local administrator profile, it is not at all necessary to reinstall Windows , the password can also be changed using the OS recovery disk / USB drive. But there is also an easier solution – use the free Lazesoft Recover My Password program, which allows you to reset password protection. For the procedure, you will need to use another computer and a bootable USB flash drive with a password reset utility.
Lazesoft Recover My Password is a free for personal use program that allows you to reset a forgotten account password in almost all editions of Windows (10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP, 2000), reset a password, unlock a user profile, including those with administrative access … The software supports 32x and 64-bit OS, FAT, FAT32 and NTFS file systems, as well as UEFI and BIOS boot modes. In addition, Recover My Password supports various types and configurations of drives, including IDE, SATA, USB, SCSI, SAS, RAID.
The utility offers the same features as paid password reset tools, has a convenient and intuitive interface (although it is in English), is easy to install and easy to manage. You can reset the password using a bootable CD / DVD or USB drive , the ability to create it is present in the program itself.
The Recover My Password utility is part of the multifunctional Lazesoft Recover Suite, which, in addition to it, includes products for recovering Windows, data or lost partitions on a hard disk or other media, as well as for working with them (cloning partitions, disks, creating backups and other tools ). At the same time, you can download each of the four applications of the kit separately, they do not depend on each other.
Lazesoft Recover My Password utility features include:
- Guaranteed recovery of forgotten passwords of user profiles, including the local Administrator account.
- Resetting the domain administrator password.
- Automatic detection of all operating systems installed on the device.
- Retrieving product keys from non-functional operating systems.
- Unlocking accounts.
- Opening and enabling user profiles.
- Disable the password expiration parameter.
In addition to the main functionality, the program also offers the ability to create a drive image and write it to an optical disk or USB drive.
How to work with the program
The utility is easy to operate and, despite the English-language interface, even an inexperienced user will not have any difficulties in using it. If you are faced with the need to recover or reset your account password , then this software product will be one of the fastest and most effective solutions to fix the problem. The instructions for working with the program include several stages, all actions are not difficult to perform. Let’s take a closer look at how to use the Lazesoft Recover My Password tool:
- Launch the software and click “Burn CD / USB Disk”.
- Select the version of Windows used on the target device, click Next.
- In the next window, you can select the type of boot drive that we will create. In addition, you can create and save an ISO image to burn a disc or flash drive later. Select the option and press the “Start” button.
- If a USB storage device is used, it is necessary to copy the data on it before the procedure, since the program will format the USB flash drive during writing.
- After the start of the process, the utility will download the necessary components from the Microsoft website, we are waiting for the end. We agree to format the media by pressing the “Yes” button when the program asks.
- Next, it is supposed to create a bootable CD / DVD or USB drive, at the end of the process, click “Finish” and remove the disk / flash drive.
- Once you have created a bootable drive containing Lazesoft Recover My Password, you must boot the computer on which you intend to reset your password. At the same time, it is important to make sure that boot from removable media is active in the BIOS settings (the priority is set in the Boot section, no matter how your interface looks).
- When loading, select the Lazesoft Live CD option, press Enter. We are waiting for the computer to boot from the drive, after which we get to the main menu of the Recover My Password program, here we select “Password Recovery” to continue.
- Click “Next” in the next window. If there are several installed operating systems, you will need to select the one you need from the drop-down list, if the operating system is one, just click “Next”.
- Now we select an account from the list, the password of which should be reset. Click “Next” again.
- At the last stage of the procedure, it remains only to press the “RESET / UNLOCK” button to reset the password, and then “Finish”. After that, we reboot the device. The user profile password will be reset.
The program also contains manuals for using the functionality (in the left block of the main menu), although the provided instructions are enough to solve this problem.
As mentioned above, the utility is part of a software package that includes, among other things, the Lazesoft Windows Recovery tool, which is a comprehensive solution for troubleshooting system boot problems, extracting important data and recovering partitions.
To use the utility, you need a blank disk to create a bootable drive (as in the instructions for using Recover My Password, you need to click “Burn CD / USB Disk” and continue the procedure in the same way). After these steps, you can also use the features of Windows Recovery. The software package also includes a Data Recovery tool (it can also be written to a medium) for recovering lost data as a result of HDD formatting or damage, viruses, crashes, etc., as well as the multifunctional Disk Image & Clone tool. The latter offers many possibilities for working with data and partitions, for example, cloning, backup and others.