Google Home is a new product which has revolutionized many homes. It consists of a wireless speaker, which has been created and marketed by the Google brand . It helps in controlling lights, making calls , conducting internet searches , closing parts of the house and even making various calls.
Its use is simple and has a unique facility with which its users manage to solve various daily tasks, which is why it has become a popular device, since you can even control your PC from your mobile with this device .
Many enjoy the functions of this tool, thanks to its two presentations, that is why they use it and configure it at home . However, it is important to note that prolonged use of this device may lead to various speaker failures.
Therefore, it will be necessary for them to be repaired. If you want to prevent this from happening, a good idea to avoid it is by resetting the device to its factory version . This way you can unlink it from your Google account.
Once you do this reset, you can solve various problems within the operation if they arise. In this post, we will explain how this process will be done and the best way to do it easily and quickly.
Performing a factory reset on Google Home
To start with the factory reset of the Google Home speaker you just have to perform a couple of simple steps which we will describe in the following line:
- Google Home: to begin, you must locate the microphone button and proceed to press it for 15 seconds. Once you do, you can see how the Google assistant will ask you if you want to confirm or not action. Confirm it and everything will be ready.
- Google Home Mini: The process will be similar, you just have to press the small button at the bottom of your speaker for 15 seconds. Again, you will see that the Google assistant will ask you if you confirm the action and everything will be ready.
Performing the reset from the Smartphone application
In general, applications that come from smart devices tend to have various applications available which are available for different operating systems . This company has a free application, which makes it easy for you to control the various functions of this tool remotely.
If you want to perform a complete reset, from the interface that the application has , you just have to follow a couple of simple and simple steps that we will describe below.
The first thing you should do is make sure that the device is connected to the WiFi network similar to the one that Google Home is connected to.
If they are not connected, you should find the way in which they connect since the only way in which this process can be carried out correctly is through this connection. Now you must follow the next step very strictly:
- When you have made the connections correctly, proceed to open the Google Home application from your mobile device , this can even be a tablet .
- When you are inside the application interface, you must locate the button that is called “At Home” more specifically, this is a separate section or window that you will find in a window at the top. There you must locate the model of your voice assistant and also verify that the data, both of the model and the general information, are correct.
- Once you have selected the device you have, you should look for the “Settings” button in the upper left corner. Once you are in there, you must press the “Device Settings” option .
- When you do, press the ” More ” button to see the list of complete options and then you will see the ” Menu ” option .
- At the end of the list you will see the ” Restart ” button, once you press it, you will see that the whole process will begin and it will be ready again for normal use.