Viruses have been around forever. But 2020 will be remembered as the year viruses fiercely attacked, not only against humanity, but also against social media. There are even computer viruses that attack Office files. We’ll show you how to repair a virus-encrypted Word document or file easily.
This way you will avoid data loss and prevent them from accessing the document to work with your information and collect a ransom to release and return control of your Word file. Read this article to the end to find out and prevent it.
Word document or file encrypted by a virus
If you cannot open the Word document that contains all the information of your thesis and you see that it is encrypted, then your computer is infected with ransomware. These infections encrypt the files on your computer, then extort money from you:
“His files are encrypted” … He offers to decrypt them if you pay him in Bitcoin. The instructions to pay the ransom are placed on your desktop by the hackers in a text file, HTML or in a pop-up window.
“.Zida” is the file extension that is added to the end of your original file name, so you will notice that those locked files are encrypted.
How Word Files Get Contaminated
Virus contamination is the main reason why Word document files get corrupted. It usually occurs behind the user’s back, when:
- You download infected programs.
- You open files from your email from unknown sources.
- Follow suspicious links.
- You introduce infected USB memory or you do not have the antivirus updated.
How to repair your Word file encrypted by virus
Malwarebytes Free is one of the best known and most used antimalware applications for Windows. It is capable of destroying many types of malware that other applications tend to overlook. All this without costing you absolutely nothing; saving you even the bribe.
- Download Malwarebytes for free . When Malwarebytes has downloaded, double-click the “MBSetup” file to install Malwarebytes on your computer.
- Once the Malwarebytes installation begins, you will see the Malwarebytes setup wizard that will guide you through the installation process step by step.
- At the end of the Malwarebytes installation, the program will give you a screenshot: “Welcome to Malwarebytes . ” Click the “Get Started” button .
- It will ask you to select between the free version and the Premium version. The “Premium” version of Malwarebytes brings preventive functions: real-time scanning and protection against ransomware. However, select the free version to disinfect your PC. It will be enough for now.
- Click “Use Malwarebytes for free . ” And then click “Scan” . Malwarebytes will automatically update the antivirus database and begin scanning your computer for malware and other malicious programs. This process may take a few minutes.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to complete. When the scan is complete, you will be presented with a screen showing the malware infections that Malwarebytes has detected. To remove those viruses that Malwarebytes has discovered, click the “Quarantine” button .
- Malwarebytes will finish its job by “killing” all malicious viruses forever on your computer. To complete the malware removal process, Malwarebytes will ask you to “Restart” your computer.
When the malware removal process is complete, you can close Malwarebytes and check that your Word file is decrypted from all viruses and you can use it without problem. We hope that you have been able to recover your file of your degree thesis and that you have been able to expose it on time. Share this article with your classmates.