By default, the Mac identifies your Magic Mouse as the “Magic Mouse Name” making it easier to recognize. However, if you don’t like its current name due to privacy concerns, want to change it for easier identification, or change it before passing it on to anyone, this article is for you. Let me show you how to rename Apple Magic Mouse on Mac.
Note : You can use the method below to rename Apple Magic Mouse and Apple Magic Mouse 2 on all Mac models.
How to rename Apple Magic Mouse on Mac?
Make sure the wireless device you are about to rename is connected to your Mac before proceeding. Then follow these steps to shut down.
- Click the Apple logo in the upper left corner and select System Preferences.
- Then tap Bluetooth.
- Now right click on the device you want to rename.
- Choose Rename from the pop-up menu.
- Enter a new name and click Rename.
You can follow the same steps to rename any other third-party mouse or Bluetooth device connected to your Mac.
If you cannot rename the Apple Magic Mouse,
- Unplug and reconnect Magic Mouse to Mac. This should most likely fix the problem.
- If that doesn’t work, restart your Mac. This error may have been caused by a recent macOS update.