Windows 10 comes with many programs in its installation. One of them is the Xbox Game Bar, which is used to take screenshots and video game recordings in real time.
However, this application may not be liked by everyone, and you may be one of those who wants to uninstall it. Well, in this article we will teach you how to do it with the PowerShell tool .
- What benefits will you get from deleting bloatware programs like Xbox Game Bar?
- Free up space
- Optimize the operation of your PC
- Don’t store junk files
- You will never run programs in the background
- What is the procedure to follow in order to permanently uninstall Xbox Game Bar from your PC using PowerShell?
What benefits will you get from deleting bloatware programs like Xbox Game Bar?
There is no doubt that a program like Xbox Game Bar has its advantages. That is, there are so many users who use it for a reason. However, if you delete it from your computer you will have even better benefits, including:
Free up space
Xbox Game Bar usually takes up a lot of space, and even more so in Windows 10 . The problem with this is that all that storage could be used to store other things, such as other applications or personal documents.
As if that was not enough, there are other programs similar to Xbox Game Bar that perform the same functions but without weighing so much. Hence, you have the option to replace it.
Optimize the operation of your PC
In addition to good storage, Xbox Game Bar is also known to consume a lot of RAM in Windows 10. To check it, just take a look at the performance statistics in the task manager.
All this results in your computer slowing down , since its processing capacity is considerably reduced. In that sense, if you like to have a fast computer (like everyone else) this program is an obstacle.
Don’t store junk files
You may not know it, but the Xbox Game Bar has access to the main files on your computer . This means that it has all the necessary permissions to modify, replace and even delete them.
The worst thing is that many times he will do it without you noticing. And you will only realize when it is too late. Fortunately, once you have deleted it, you can recover any lost files.
You will never run programs in the background
One last benefit of uninstalling Xbox Game Bar from your Windows 10 is that you make sure there are no games open in the background.
This program usually opens several of them because it takes care of optimizing them. The downside of this is that it reduces the RAM memory and also the speed of the computer , so you risk that everything suddenly collapses.
In addition to the above, it should be noted that Xbox Game Bar opens those games without requesting your permissions. For that reason, the only way to stop it is by uninstalling the application.
What is the procedure to follow in order to permanently uninstall Xbox Game Bar from your PC using PowerShell?
Now that you know the benefits you will receive if you decide to uninstall Xbox Game Bar from your Windows 10, we can now show you how to do it using PowerShell.
This method is the fastest of all there are , and it is very similar to the CMD commands , since it also works with codes. The steps to follow are these:
- Press the start button on your computer.
- In the search bar type “PowerShell.”
- Among the results locate “Windows PowerShell” and right click on it.
- Choose “Run as administrator.”
- As soon as the program opens, insert this code: “Get-AppxPackage * xboxgaming + Remove-AppxPackage” (without the quotes, of course).
After doing that you should see that the program is no longer on your computer . Just in case, double check to make sure it was uninstalled.
If for some reason it is still there, try to repeat the PowerShell procedure as we taught it. And if the problem persists, you can try this other option, just as effective as the first :
- Press the “Start” button on your keyboard.
- In the menu go to “Settings”.
- Once inside, go to “Applications” and then to “Applications and functions”.
- In the list, locate the Xbox Game Bar.
- Now look for the “Uninstall” option, and press it to permanently remove the program.