So far Facebook is one of the most used applications in the world, therefore, most of its users use the Messenger application to be able to chat with their Facebook friends . On the other hand, those who use this application usually customize the colors or themes of it in each chat, making the experience a little more fun.
In addition, users who frequent the Facebook web platform can also customize the color of their Messenger chats whenever they want. Therefore, below, we will show you how to remove the default Messenger theme and change its colors.
- How to change the theme or color of your chats depending on the device used?
- On your PC (Application and web Messenger)
- From iPhone
- On your iPad
- In the Android app
- How to activate and deactivate the ‘dark mode’ of Messenger?
- On your computer
- iPhone, iPad and Android
- What other aspects of your individual chats can be modified?
How to change the theme or color of your chats depending on the device used?
Thanks to the incredible tools that Facebook develops every time, we can make the adjustments we want to our profile, and change the default simple colors to the ones we prefer . It does not matter from which device you enter Facebook or Facebook Messenger, you can change the theme of your chats to the color and design you want.
On your PC (Application and web Messenger)
It does not matter that you do not have the Facebook Messenger application on a mobile device or phone, you can change the theme and colors of your chat from your computer or PC. However, unlike applications, on the web platform the chat background will not change color , but you can still change the colors of the message bubbles by following these steps:
- Enter the official Facebook website and log into your account as you normally do, then search for the chat you want to change the theme and color.
- Now, click on the name of the person in the chat, so that the chat settings menu is displayed, where you must press “Color”.
- To conclude, select the topic you want to place in the chat and press “Save”, so that finally the changes are saved and the new topic is displayed in the chat.
On the other hand, if you have an iPhone device, you can remove or change the default Facebook Messenger theme in a very simple and fast way. Making the adjustments or settings of your preference in the Messenger chat will only take a few seconds by following these steps:
- Log into your Messenger account from the application on your iPhone, then you must select the chat for which you want to change the theme or color.
- Next, you must click on the name of the person so that the chat options menu is displayed, where you must select the “Color” option.
- By entering this option you will be able to see several themes or colors for your chat, you just have to select one and press “Save”, so that you can finally remove the default Messenger theme.
On your iPad
If you have the Facebook Messenger application from your iPad and you want to change or remove the default theme of the chats, you just have to follow the instructions described above . The Messenger app works the same for any iOS device, whether you use an iPhone or an iPad.
In the Android app
Likewise, changing or removing the default colors of the Messenger chat from any Android device is very simple and will only take a few seconds. In addition, you can do it whenever you want and with any chat, whether group or individual, you just have to follow these steps:
- Enter the Messenger application from your Android device and log into your account, followed by looking for the chat you want to change the color of the theme.
- Now, click on the options button, represented by an “i”, which you can see at the top of the application.
- Finally, we select the option “Themes” and choose the color that we like the most, and then press the option “Apply Color” and it will be saved automatically.
How to activate and deactivate the ‘dark mode’ of Messenger?
In addition to being able to change Messenger chat colors or themes, the application also offers you a wide variety of tools , which will make you feel more comfortable. One of those tools is the “Dark Mode” function, which totally changes the brightness and color of the application so that you do not wear out your eyes using the mobile or computer screens.
On your computer
If you want to use the “Dark Mode” function in your Facebook Messenger from your computer , you can do it without any inconvenience. However, this function will not only be applied in chats, but it will do so throughout the Facebook interface, you can do this by following these easy steps:
- Enter the official Facebook website and log into your account as you always do, now press the “Account” button, located in the upper right corner.
- Then you must select the option “Display and Accessibility”, where finally you must select if you want to activate or deactivate the dark mode and wait a few seconds for the changes to be made.
iPhone, iPad and Android
On the other hand, if you use the Facebook Messenger application from any Android or iOS device , you can activate or deactivate the “Dark Mode” function whenever you want. Enabling this tool from your mobile is very simple and it will only take you a few seconds to do it, follow these steps and you will do it quickly:
- Access your Facebook Messenger application from any mobile device, and log into your account as usual.
- Once inside your account, you must click on your profile photo, located in the upper left part of the application.
- Now, you will see the option “Dark mode”, you must click on it and select if you want to activate or deactivate it so that, after a few seconds, the changes are made.
What other aspects of your individual chats can be modified?
As we have said before, the Messenger application has a wide variety of very useful functions that will make you want to use the application more. In addition to being able to change the color of your chats or activate the application’s dark mode, it offers other functions that you can use from any chat , whether private or group.
One of the functions that users enjoy in individual chats is being able to change the default emoticon in the chat , whether it is to put their favorite emoji or the one they use the most. Changing the default emoticon of the chat you want is very simple, it will only take a few seconds and you can do it as many times as you want:
- Enter your Facebook Messenger account and look for the chat where you want to change the default emoticon, followed by pressing the “i” button (or on the name, if you are from your PC).
- While there, press the option “Emojis”to then select your favorite emoji to always have it at hand and finally the changes will be updated automatically.
On the other hand, Messenger has the option of changing the name of the people in the chat to the nickname you want , just in a few seconds and whenever you want, just by following these instructions:
- Enter the Messenger application and look for the chat of the person you want to give a nickname.
- Then press the “i” buttonif you are from the mobile application, or on his name if you are from the web platform.
- Select the “Nicknames” option, to finally change its name to the nickname you want to give it and after a few seconds it will change automatically.