Today we are going to see how to remove or disable notification sounds in Windows 10 in a fairly simple way. With three quite different methods to avoid notifications in those moments where we need to concentrate.
Although we cannot remove the sounds from them, we can prevent them from disturbing us. We are going to see three different methods to achieve it, each with its advantages and disadvantages.
Obviously you will have to select the one that suits you best when working on your computer to be able to do it in a more comfortable way.
The notifications are important to some people, especially if they have multiple applications installed on Windows from the Microsoft store. However, when we want to work and concentrate on what we are doing, it can be somewhat annoying.
There is a way to silence or deactivate them forever, by application or temporarily in general. We are going to see all these methods so that you can choose the one that suits you best and in this way use your equipment without interruptions of any kind.
The tutorials are quite simple and if you follow the one that suits your needs step by step, you will quickly have all the operating system notifications silenced .
How to mute Windows 10 notifications
- The first thing you are going to have to do is press the ” Windows ” key on your physical keyboard or go to ” Start ” in the lower left corner of the screen.
- Now you are going to press on the gear wheel on the left side to go to the ” Windows Settings ” menu .
- Next, click on the ” System ” category .
- After this you will have to enter ” Notifications and actions “.
- What you have to do here is see which of these programs you want the notifications to be silenced.
- For that you will have to click on each of them and if you look on the right side you can select to silence notifications.
- And that would be all. Likewise, do not worry because by doing the aforementioned again, you can reactivate the notifications without problems if you think it is necessary.
How to turn off Windows 10 notifications
- The first thing we will do is enter ” Windows Settings ” for this you can use the key combination ” Windows + i ” or simply search from ” Start ” for the gear icon.
- Now we are going to go to the ” System ” section.
- After this we will have to go to the left sidebar and click on ” Notifications and actions “.
- Here we have several options. We can disable notifications application by application. We can also disable absolutely everything from the first option in this section, the one that says ” Get notifications from applications and other senders .”
- Just flip the switch so it’s off and you’re done. Open all Windows 10 notifications disabled.
How to temporarily silence Windows 10 notifications
Another thing we can do is temporarily silence them. This is something positive to avoid having to be activating and deactivating them. Since we only configure so that notifications do not appear at certain times.
- For this, what we must do is press ” Windows + A “
- The Activity Center opens and here we are going to have to click on ” Expand ” just below on the left.
- Next, you will have to press on the icon ” Concentration assistant ” and in this way no more notifications will appear until you deactivate the option.
Even if you decide to go to ” Windows Settings ” you can find the option to change the duration times of the concentration assistant so that it lasts more or less and deactivates itself, without having to do anything.