Now that iOS 15 has become official, many users are looking for ways to remove the beta profile from iOS 15 and go back to the non-beta version on their iPhone. Considering that the more notable features, such as focus mode and notification summary, have already been released, beta testing no longer seems to be fascinating. So, if you no longer want to deal with iOS 15 bugs and miscellaneous issues, here is how you can remove the iOS 15 beta profile from your supported iPhone. The same method will also work to remove iPadOS 15 beta profile on your iPad.
How to Uninstall iOS 15 Beta Profile from iPhone (2021)
There are two ways to remove the iOS 15 beta profile on your device. The best way is to delete the beta software profile and wait for the next stable iOS 15 update to arrive. It is more convenient and avoids the need to erase the contents of your device. And yes, you don’t need to connect your device to the computer either.
However, if you can’t wait to get back to the non-beta version and you don’t mind erasing your data, you should go for the second option – the restore method. Please note that if you back up your iPhone with iOS 15 to iCloud or on your computer, the backup will not work with older versions of iOS. For example, if you switch to iOS 14 from iOS 15 beta, you will not be able to restore the backup you made while using iOS 15 beta. Therefore, you will need to restore from a backup you made before installing the beta profile, which will result in recent data loss.
With that said, choose your preferred method from the table below and switch to the stable version of iOS 15.
Remove iOS 15 beta profile from iPhone without computer
Again, I would like to remind you that this method will allow you to remove the iOS 15 beta software profile from your iPhone. After that, you will have to wait for the next official version of iOS to go back to the non-beta version. On the other hand, this method is straightforward and does not harm your data. Then let’s get started:
- Launch the Settingsapp on your iPhone and choose General.
- Now scroll down and select VPN & Device Management.
- Next, tap iOS 15 Beta SoftwareProfile under Configuration Profile.
- Then, tap on the Remove Profileoption, followed by Delete in the pop-up menu and restart your iPhone.
That is all! You have successfully removed the iOS 15 beta profile from your iPhone. Now, wait for the next public version of iOS 15. When it is available, you will receive an alert to move to the stable version of the software (Settings -> General -> Software update).
Remove iOS 15 beta profile from your iPhone using computer
If you don’t want to wait for a software update, you can uninstall the iOS 15 beta profile by restoring your iPhone. Please note that it will erase your entire device and you will not be able to use the data backup that you have made while using the beta version. So, go ahead with this method keeping these important things in mind. With that said, let’s look at the steps:
1 First, connect your iPhone to your computer and put the device in recovery mode.
Image courtesy of Apple
- iPhone 8 or later:Press and quickly release the volume up button. Press and quickly release the volume down button. Then make sure to hold the side button until your device enters recovery mode.
- iPhone 7 / iPhone 7 Plus:Press and hold the Sleep / Wake and Volume Down buttons at the same time. Make sure you don’t release the buttons when you see the Apple logo. Continue pressing and holding the buttons until the recovery mode screen appears.
- iPhone 6s / iPhone 6s Plus:Press and hold the Sleep / Wake and Home buttons simultaneously. Make sure you don’t release the buttons when you see the Apple logo. Make sure to hold down both buttons until the recovery mode screen appears.
- Then click the Restore Optionwhen it appears. Note that it will erase your iPhone data and install the latest non-beta version of iOS 15.
- Then wait for the restore to finish. If prompted, enter your Apple ID and password, which disables Activation Lock.
Once the restore is complete, go ahead and set up your device from your archived backup, which must be from an older version of iOS or iPadOS.
Note : In case the download takes more than 15 minutes and your iPhone exits the recovery mode screen, please allow the download to finish. Then put your device into recovery mode and follow the same steps as above.
Remove iOS 15 Beta Software and Switch to Official Version on iPhone
This is how you can get rid of beta software on your iOS 15 or iPadOS 15 devices. As I said earlier, the first method is quite simple and does not require you to erase your iPhone data or connect it to your computer. Make sure to go with the first one for a quick and easy solution. If you are in a hurry, the restoration method is always there for you. That said, do you have any questions or concerns? If so, feel free to post them in the comment section below, and we’ll try to help.