You are a fan of movies and TV series and, as soon as you get the chance, you spend your free time “consuming” the Netflix catalog . But now you have had a “hitch”: you have to access the service from a new device and you have realized that you no longer remember the password associated with your account. Don’t worry: if this is the way things are, I’m here to help you.
In today’s guide, in fact, I will show you in detail how to recover Netflix passwords using the password managers included in web browsers, smartphones and tablets (in which, most likely, you have stored your credentials). Also, in case you have trouble finding your Netflix account login information, I will explain how to reset your password and still get your profile back.
How do you say? Is it just what you were looking for? Then let’s not waste any more precious time! All you have to do is carefully read all the tips you will find in the next chapters and put them into practice. I’m sure by the end of reading you’ll have all the information you need to restore access to your Netflix account. Having said that, I just have to wish you a good read and, above all, a good vision!
- How to find Netflix passwords
- From PC
- From smartphones and tablets
- How to reset Netflix password
- From PC
- From smartphones and tablets
- From TV
How to find Netflix passwords
Do you want to find the Netflix password ? In this case, if you no longer remember it, you can try to search for it among those stored on your devices. Such as? I’ll explain it to you in detail in the next chapters.
If you signed in to the Netflix website through your favorite browser and agreed to save your credentials upon signing in, being able to view your login information will be a breeze.
You must know, in fact, that web browsers are equipped with an integrated password manager that allows you to store the access data of the sites you visit (provided you authorize this operation). If you do not have authorized the saving of passwords in the browser, do not despair: you can always reset the password and regain possession of your Netflix account, as I will explain later , also in this tutorial. Now, however, ban the chatter and let’s see how to access the password managers of the main web browsers.
- Google Chrome: click on the ⋮ iconlocated at the top right and select the Settings itemfrom the menu that opens, Go, then, in the You and Google tab, select the Password itemand use the search bar at the top to type the term “netflix” . If you have a match in the results below, click on the eye icon and enter yourcomputer PIN , to view the Netflix account password.
- Microsoft Edge: press the … iconlocated at the top right and, in the menu you see, first click on the Settings itemand then on the Profiles Now, select the Password itemand, using the search bar located at the top, type the term “netflix” . Among the results displayed below, if you find the entry corresponding to Netflix, click on the eye icon and type thePC PIN , to view the password you are looking for.
- Mozilla Firefox: press the ☰ icon located at the top right and click on the Credentials and password item in the opened menu. In the screen that is shown to you, use the search bar at the top to type in the term “netflix” . In the left sidebar, you will be shown the search results: click on the one named Netflix (if present) and press on the eye icon to view the Netflix password.
- Internet Explorer: The login data saved with Internet Explorer can be found in theWindows Control Panel . Therefore, look for the latter in the Start menu (the one that opens by clicking on the flag icon) and select the first result that is returned to you. Then go to User Accounts> Credential Management> Web Credentials and scroll through the list that is shown to you, to identify if the access data to the Netflix website are present. If you find them, click on Show , to view the stored password (you may be prompted for theWindows user login PIN ).
- Safari: click on the Safari item in the menu bar, top left, and select the Preferences item from the menu that opens. In the new screen that is shown to you, press the Password tab and type the Mac administration password . At this point, use the search bar that appears on the screen to type the term “netflix” and click on the corresponding result to view the login data of the famous streaming service.
Still unsure how to view the password stored on your web browser? Then all you have to do is consult all the information I gave you in my guide on how to view saved passwords .
From smartphones and tablets
If you have accessed the Netflix website or its dedicated app via your smartphone or tablet , you can find the password to access the service by relying on the password memorization features on the devices in question.
On Android , the login data of websites and apps are stored on the Google account possibly configured on the device . To access this function, start the Settings app and select the Google item . At this point, press the Manage your Google account button and press the Security tab .
Among the different items you see, click on the one called Password Manager and use the search bar that is shown to you to type the term “netflix” . If the corresponding search result appears, tap on it and enter the device unlock PIN . By pressing on the eye icon , you will be able to read the password associated with the Netflix account.
On iPhone and iPad , however, all you have to do is start the Settings app and then select the Password item . At this point, use the Face ID, Touch ID or Apple ID password to unlock access to the section.
Using the search bar that is shown to you, type the term “netflix” and press the appropriate search result, so as to view the details of the stored login information, including the password associated with your Netflix account.
How to reset Netflix password
Despite having followed the procedures indicated in the previous chapters, were you unable to find the Netflix password? If this is the case, you have almost certainly never consented to the saving of login information for this service. In that case, the only alternative left to you is to reset your password . Find out how to proceed in the lines below.
If you use Netflix on your PC, via your web browser or desktop application for Windows 10, the password reset procedure is very simple.
Therefore, open your browser and reach this link , which refers to the section for recovering the login credentials of a Netflix account. You will be offered two methods of recovery: by email and by SMS . As for the latter method, although more practical, it is not certain that you can use it, as it is necessary that you have added a phone number to your profile and, unfortunately, this procedure does not occur during the creation of the account .
However, if you have already added a phone number, by selecting the Text message (SMS) item , you will be prompted to enter the phone number associated with the account for which you want to reset the password. Within a few moments, you will receive an SMS with a code that will allow you to reset your password, following a short procedure on the screen.
If you choose, instead, the Email option , you simply have to type the email address associated with your Netflix account and, after doing this, carefully follow the instructions contained in the email message you will receive.
What you will have to do is to press the button or link provided in the message received and use the appropriate text boxes on the web page that is shown to you, to type the new password to use to access your account.
If you have not associated any phone number to your account and you have no idea which email you used during registration, the only alternative you have left is to click on the words I don’t remember my email address or mine. telephone number .
In this case, you will be asked for some information about the account owner: name , surname and the number of the credit or debit card used to subscribe.
Still unable to access this information as you are a Netflix subscriber through a partner company? In this case, all you have to do is access the Netflix support area and use the search engine to type in the company name . In this way, you will access the Netflix FAQ tab on the partner company indicated, with information also regarding how to reset the password.
However, if you run into problems, you have two alternatives: contact Netflix , through the advice I have given you in this guide , or contact the partner company , if you are subscribed to Netflix through a third-party service.
From smartphones and tablets
On smartphones and tablets it is not possible to change the password to Netflix through the dedicated app. The procedure to follow requires access from a web browser to the credentials recovery section, which is identical to the one I have already described to you.
Therefore, all you have to do, therefore, is to carefully read all the tips and procedures that I have provided you just now , so as to be sure to be able to reset the password of your Netflix account without any hitch.
Do you watch Netflix content via the app available on Smart TV ? In this case, know that, in addition to following the procedures I described above , you can also proceed to reset the password through the functionality integrated in the Netflix application for Smart TV.
I warn you that you can start this procedure from the Smart TV, but you will still have to continue through a web browser. First of all, what you need to do is press the Login button , which you find on the home screen after starting the Netflix app.
Once this is done, click on the Forgot password and type the email address associated with your Netflix account. Now, press the Next button and confirm the message on the screen, in order to receive an email containing the link to reset your account password.
At this point, access your e-mail box and follow the instructions indicated to proceed with resetting your password. This procedure is similar to the one I have already described to you in this chapter , which also contains other information on how to proceed with password recovery using other methods that are not available in the Smart TV application.