Even if your smartphone has a lot of memory, most likely you still regularly clean it there, deleting data that is no longer of great value. But this way, not only rubbish, but also something quite valuable to themselves, can fall under the arm. For example, photos, which are then guaranteed to want to be restored. Fortunately, even if you didn’t come to your senses right away, there is still an opportunity to return deleted photos.
How to Recover Deleted Photos on Android
The first method is the most effective. It consists in recovering deleted photos from your phone using a special utility Tenorshare UltData for Android . It allows you to get back photos even if you deleted them from the “Deleted Items” folder.
This is how it works:
- Download Tenorhsare UltData for Android on your Mac or PC;
- Run the utility and connect the phone to the computer via cable;
- Without disconnecting the phone, run “Settings” – “System and Updates” and enable the item “Debugging via USB”;
Nothing works without USB debugging
- Now open the notification shade and click on the notification “USB debugging”, then enable “File transfer”;
Give the utility the necessary permissions right on your phone
- On the computer screen, click “Recover Data”;
Select the photos you want to recover
Select the data you want to recover and confirm the launch of the utility on your smartphone;
- Wait for the utility to find the deleted data, then select the necessary ones and click “Recover”.
Download UltData for Android
The UltData for Android utility is quite versatile. It allows you to both recover deleted photos on Android and return deleted contacts, messages, media attachments, call history, videos, audio messages, documents. By the way, this way you can even recover deleted WhatsApp photos on Android . However, keep in mind that the more time has passed since the deletion, the more difficult it can be to recover this data.
How to recover photos from deleted ones
However, some Android smartphones have a built-in photo basket. It is a separate album called Deleted Deleted or Recently Deleted. All pictures, screenshots and videos that you want to delete are uploaded there.
They are stored there for 30 days, after which they are permanently deleted. Please note that this method does not allow you to recover data after resetting Android settings . However, before the expiration of 30 days, you can still recover deleted photos and videos yourself, without resorting to auxiliary utilities.
- Take your smartphone and open the Gallery application;
- Scroll down and select the Recently Deleted album;
Almost every Android smartphone has a “Deleted Items” folder
- Select the photos you want and mark them with a tick;
- Click on the “Restore” button and wait for the restoration.
After that, the photos will disappear from the album with the deleted files and will appear in the album from which they were originally deleted. But, if you did not manage to restore them within 30 days, write lost. There will be no more photos in the album.
The only way to get them back would be the UltData for Android utility. But if you’re thinking ahead, you can use Google Photos, which automatically uploads all your photos and videos to the cloud and stores there permanently.
How to recover a photo from a memory card
The third method involves recovering photos from your phone’s memory card. True, in terms of convenience, it is inferior to the first, and even more so to the second method, because for this you will have to use another utility called Recuva.
- Download the Recuva program to your computer and install;
- Connect your phone’s memory card to a PC via a card reader;
Select the type of data to recover
- Click “Next” and select pictures to recover;
- Select the location of the photos (on the memory card);
Not all photos can be restored
- Turn on the “In-depth analysis” function and start your search;
- Mark the photos you want and choose the location where they will be saved.
In fact, Recuva can search for deleted data on a memory card, even if you just connect your smartphone to a computer via a cable, without removing the flash drive itself. However, practice shows that it is better to use a special card reader, because not all phones recognize SD cards as separate volumes.
Since Recuva relies on information about deleted data, thumbnails and other information, it is obvious that the utility can not find all the photos that you previously deleted. Therefore, do not place high hopes on the application. In addition, he may not be able to return photos that were deleted six months or a year ago.