Many times errors tend to happen while we work in Excel, and the sheet may close in the middle of our task, so it is quite unpleasant and surely you get to worry, however, this is something that you can easily recover even if you don’t you have saved it.
Office has a quick recovery way, which you can do just by going into ‘File’ and following the path until you get to ‘Recover unsaved books’ and then saving your unsaved file, usually this is something that is generated once you have the ‘Autosave’.
- What should you do to get your Excel back if you didn’t save it before?
- With the temporary folder
- Using Office recovery
- How can you enable autosave in Microsoft Excel?
- From your computer
- With your mobile phone
What should you do to get your Excel back if you didn’t save it before?
Generally you can recover any unsaved document, be it Word, Powepoint, or Excel with the recovery of files that is generated from the autosave, but if you have a very old version this may not be possible, but you can still use some software to help you On it.
These programs are responsible for scanning the folders where you lost the file, to find it, one of the most recommended is ‘EaseUS’ which you can download by entering the page, it analyzes and checks the computer to quickly locate the unsaved file. However, you can do it without downloading anything else, with the temporary folder or office recovery.
With the temporary folder
With this method you can enter the temporary folder, there are stored books that have been saved automatically, you just have to access with the following steps that we are going to mention.
- In the folder, specifically in ‘Username’you must copy this path, if in Windows 7: C: \ Users \ Username \ AppData \ Roaming \ Microsoft \ Excel \ and if it is in a higher Windows C: \ Users \ AppData \ Local \ Microsoft \ Office \ UnsavedFiles.
- When you enter you will see that there will be a folder where several Excel workbooks have been automatically saved. There you must choose which one you want to restore.
- Double-click it and you will have the book available to go back to work in peace.
Using Office recovery
When a crash occurs in Excel, two situations can happen, whether or not the file is saved. If the file has not been saved, you can go to the recovery run by office , which will be very easy to access. If you want to enter, you just have to follow certain steps:
- Open Excel.
- Click on ‘File’.
- Search until you find ‘Information’.
- Click on ‘Manage Versions’and then choose ‘Recover Unsaved Books’.
- Once you do this, a folder will open where you will find the unsaved books that you have used recently.
- Selecting it, you must press ‘Restore’.
Now if the file has been saved then, you should check to find the file like this:
- Open Excel, go to ‘File’ then ‘Information’.
- Select ‘Manage versions’there you can select the option of the most recent book that has been saved.
- The version that will open will be the ‘Autosaved version’ to recover you must click on ‘Restore’.
How can you enable autosave in Microsoft Excel?
Autosaving is very useful because sometimes we forget to save our files every so often, which is really what we should do to avoid inconveniences, although, Office thought of us and in the last updates it has made autosaving a reality , it serves us a lot it helps once we activate it.
Sometimes you may have problems or losses with Word files, but by enabling this feature you will know how to recover the Word file yourself. When you enable the autosave you can choose the frequency with which the autosave will be carried out in the spreadsheets, by default, it is 10 minutes but you can change that to the minutes you want.
From your computer
Once you enable the autosave option on your computer, the documents will start to be stored automatically. To achieve this, you must apply these steps:
- Choose ‘File’.
- Select in ‘Options’.
- Click on ‘Save’ and then check the boxes for ‘Save Auto-recovery information every (10) minutes’ and also ‘Keep last auto-saved version when closed without saving’.
- After you have checked the boxes, you have to choose how many minutes you want the information to be saved.
With your mobile phone
You can do this in two ways, in the first one you have to learn how to create an account in OneDrive which you can easily do and configure it efficiently to be able to activate auto-save, you just have to click on ‘File’, ‘Save as’ and select the OneDrive , choose the folder where you want them to be saved and click on ‘Save’.
Once you do, you will no longer have problems because as in the online version, the document will be saved at once. The other option will be to try to see if the ‘Autosave’ option is on your phone and you just have to check the box to enable it.