It is Pokémon Go, a virtual reality video game that was developed by Niantic for devices with Android and iOS systems. It consists of locating and capturing the popular little monsters from the Pokémon saga hidden in the real world. This means that you have to physically move around your city until you find them, fight them, and catch them. Although in this post we will tell you how to recover a Pokémon Go account .
Its first release was in 2016, and since then it has become a very effective game, although little by little in several countries it has been forgotten and many people have stopped playing it, as is often the case with several games. So if after a while you decide to restore your account and you realize that you have forgotten part of your information and want to restore it, but you do not know how to do it without losing your progress due to a change of mobile, you have come to the right place.
Index of contents
How to recover a Pokémon Go account?
In this post, we will tell you what you can do if you have forgotten your access data such as username or password, in a few simple steps, without losing your progress.
If for any reason you have forgotten your username or password, the first thing you should do is go to www.pokemon.com . Upon entering, you may find that it is in English or another language, in which case you just have to scroll to the bottom and choose ” Select Country / Region “.
1. If you have forgotten your username
To recover a Pokémon Go account, it is important that you have certain information on hand, as it is important to provide additional information to recover your name. In addition to your email address, you must fill in some fields on the form that will be provided to you.
You must bear in mind that your username is the name that you have selected to be identified in the Pokemon Trainer Club .
- Basically, you have to click on ” Sign in to Pokémon Go“.
- Now, in the next tab, you must select “Have you forgotten your username?”
- First you must enter is the email addressyou use for your account; is a required field to get the account back.
- Later three more fields will appear, but it is not necessary to fill them all because you will only need one of them. You can choose ” Date of birth“, ” Player ID ” or “Your Nickname” (It is the name that appears on the screen).
- Date of birth: This should be the most appropriate option for you, especially if you don’t remember the other information you entered. To do this, you must choose the date on the calendar. You must also bear in mind that it is not possible to recover those that have been configured as false.
- Player ID: is the name used for Play Pokémon events such as tournaments, leagues, and others. Generally, it only contains combinations of numbers, so you probably won’t remember them.
- Screen Name: Many players skip this option because it is an optional field when creating a Pokémon Trainer Club account .
2. If you have forgotten your password
Unlike other platforms, this one does not save any data, so if you go through a bad streak in which you forget your password, you just have to do the following. It all depends on the profile you normally use to do it.
If you use your Coaches Club account, you have to go to https://sso.pokemon.com/sso/login and click on the option “Forgot your password?” and follow the steps that are indicated to you.
Now, if you use your Google account, you must enter your web browser and type https://accounts.google.com/ . There, you have to type your email address and click ” Recover my password ” to continue.
If you have been using Facebook, you must enter the home screen of the network at this link www.facebook.com and click on “Have you forgotten your account information?” It is the same as the previous one, it is usually used to log in to these platforms.
Can a Pokémon Go account be lost due to inactivity?
If you are not going to use the game for a long period of time, it is better to unsubscribe, as it is a simple process that will not take more than a couple of minutes. Although if you just want to take a break and then come back, you should know that your account will continue to be active on the Niantic servers.
However, you should keep in mind that after one or two years, those accounts that are inactive will be deleted. Therefore, if you have not connected for a long time, when you want to do so, you may find yourself with the surprise that it no longer exists.