Zoom is one of the best applications for making video calls . Today, more and more people are joining Zoom. Well, it is a platform that allows you to interact from wherever you are with other people. Zoom is ideal for networking either for work or to communicate with family and friends who are not around. After the pandemic, this platform has grown favorably to easily teach virtual classes.
One of the most frequently asked questions when using Zoom is how do I raise my hand in Zoom? Since if you are present in a video call where the number of people is very high, raising your hand is the option so that they can pay attention to you. By reacting in this way the other participants and the administrator will know that you want to ask a question or opinion.
- How can I activate Zoom reactions for use in my meeting?
- What are the non-verbal comments available for Zoom meetings?
- Where are these comments or reactions?
- Main function of the reaction ‘raise your hand’ in Zoom meetings
- What is the command to raise my hand in Zoom from my keyboard?
- How do I lower my hand in my Zoom meeting if I have raised it?
- What can I do if the option to raise my hand does not appear in my menu?
How can I activate Zoom reactions for use in my meeting?
To activate Zoom reactions so that you can use them in your meeting, you just have to log in as an administrator, because in this way you can edit the settings of your Zoom account. When you come across the navigation panel, you must click on ” Account Management ” and then select “Account Settings.”
Next, you must click on the Meeting tab. An important step is to verify that the reaction settings are enabled in the meeting in “Meeting (Basic)” . If you see that this setting is disabled, you must select the enable option. Later, a verification dialog box may appear, in this step you must click “Activate” to confirm.
After you have performed the above steps, you must select one of the reaction options:
- All emojis:This option is one of the most complete, since it allows meeting participants to use the emoji of their choice and that is available as a reaction in the Zoom chat meeting.
- Selected emojis:This choice is a bit more limited than the previous one, as meeting participants will only be able to use 6 emojis to react in the meeting. Within this group of emojis are: confetti launcher, thumbs up, hands that give applause, open mouth, tears of joy and heart.
After selecting the emoji option of your choice to react in your meeting, you must click on “Save”.
What are the non-verbal comments available for Zoom meetings?
There may be a possibility that the Zoom meeting host will change hosts and select you. Therefore, you should know the non-verbal comments of this platform.
When you as the organizer of the Zoom meeting do not want interruptions during the conversation , you can proceed to activate the non-verbal comments. That is, you do not give the participants access to them to speak. Therefore, activate this option in the settings and select “Non-verbal comments”.
Thus, these non-verbal comments are all those that do not emit any sound or interruptions during the transmission. There are various icons, which allow participants with a click to react to what the organizer is saying by “responding” in this way.
Among these Zoom tools, the following stand out:
- Check icon:to notify if you agree with what the person is talking about.
- Icon X: usedto announce that you do not agree with what is being stated.
- Advance icon:this is to notify the host that you are speaking or taking the topic very quickly.
- Back icon: this, on the contrary, refers to that the person is speaking very slowly and is signaling that the organizer can advance a little more.
- Coffee cup icon: this is used to notify the organizer that a timely break is needed from the meeting.
- Raise your hand icon:to let you know that you have doubts or want to give some input.
Where are these comments or reactions?
If you want to activate Zoom comments and reactions when you are in a meeting, you have to know that these are in the video panel and next to your name in the participants panel.
Main function of the reaction ‘raise your hand’ in Zoom meetings
The main function of the “Raise your hand” reaction is to report any inconvenience , doubt or comment you have to the host. The goal of this is to avoid interrupting the meeting or encounter in Zoom. This “Raise your hand” reaction is in the participant panel right next to your name.
What is the command to raise my hand in Zoom from my keyboard?
If you don’t want to use your computer mouse to raise your hand in Zoom, you can do it with your keyboard by pressing the Alt + Y command which will allow you to raise or lower your hand.
How do I lower my hand in my Zoom meeting if I have raised it?
To lower your hand in your Zoom meeting you can do it in two ways. One of them is with your keyboard pressing the command Alt + Y. The other way is by pressing the participants menu where at the bottom you can see the blue hand icon.
What can I do if the option to raise my hand does not appear in my menu?
In case the option to raise your hand from the menu doesn’t appear, don’t worry! Well, you can use this tool from your keyboard, pressing Alt + Y.