In the world of technology, operating systems have been advancing and improving to a point where they are increasingly easier to use and much more customizable. Windows and MacOS systems are the best of these times thanks to their characteristics, their ease of installing programs and recovering deleted files .
One of the best features of Mac is to install applications from your iPhone on your Mac PC and use them in the same way as on your phone. Another of the best features is uninstalling programs quickly and easily.
- What to consider before uninstalling Parallels from a Mac?
- No virtual machine file is running
- What is the procedure to completely uninstall Parallels from your Mac?
- What hiccups might occur when uninstalling and how to fix them?
- In the background it keeps running
- You cannot remove it from the recycle bin
- You still have the accessories
What to consider before uninstalling Parallels from a Mac?
The moment you want to uninstall Parallels from your Mac computer, you will have to know that many times in this operating system when you uninstall a program, its internal data is not completely erased. For this reason, when you uninstall it, you will have problems with other programs on your computer and you will have to know how to solve them.
No virtual machine file is running
This is also a very frequent problem since most of the programs on the computer are synchronized with Parallels or have extensions connected to the other programs on the system and for that reason it does not allow other applications to run.
What is the procedure to completely uninstall Parallels from your Mac?
If you really want to uninstall and delete each of its traces so that you don’t have problems, you will have to use another program so that the process is not difficult for you. This program is called iMyMac PowerMyMac . With this program you will be sure that the program has been correctly deleted and that you will not have any problems later.
The iMyMac PowerMyMac program can be easily downloaded from your computer and its weight is not very high. With this application you can uninstall Mac applications easily and quickly so deleting Parallels will definitely be very easy, you just have to follow these steps.
- After installing iMyMac you will open the program and the main screen will show and you will see the status of the computer.
- In the left sidebar there will be the option to uninstall, click on it.
- When you are in the uninstall option, you will click on Scan, at the end of this scan, the storage use of the installed programs will be displayed.
- Now in the new bar on the left you will have to search for Parallels, after clicking on it and the folders containing the program data will appear there.
- There you will select all the folders of the program, now you will click on Cleanso that all this data is erased and the application is uninstalled and does not cause you any problems.
What hiccups might occur when uninstalling and how to fix them?
After uninstalling this program in the traditional way, you will be presented with some setbacks that will not be so difficult to solve. To uninstall Parallels properly, you have to do several processes because, as it is a customization program, it will have many extensions and files that you have to delete.
In the background it keeps running
This is due to the fact that the uninstallation has been carried out in the conventional way and the program data has not been completely erased , which is why it causes this problem and it continues to be executed without your authorization.
You cannot remove it from the recycle bin
As it is a system application, this is a very common problem since this data is embedded in the system and this does not allow deletion. If you use PowerMyMac when you uninstall it, you won’t have this problem at any time because this program takes care of deleting data once and for all.
You still have the accessories
These add-ons are separate data that are downloaded by Parallels while it is installed, these add-ons are like other programs but smaller that are installed separately. When you uninstall Parallels, these extensions will be installed on the computer as well.
So that these add-ons do not cause problems for you, you must uninstall them as well so that they will no longer cause any more annoyances on subsequent occasions.