Would you like to put the virtual machine with Windows 10 in full screen mode on VirtualBox? Find out how to put Windows 10 on VirtualBox in full screen.
- 1How to put Windows 10 on VirtualBox in full screen
The following procedure is valid whether you are virtualizing a Windows 10 machine from a computer with a Windows, macOS, or Linux operating system installed.
How to put Windows 10 on VirtualBox in full screen
You have just virtualized a Windows 10 machine with VirtualBox on your computer but you noticed that, trying to put it in full screen mode, it does not use all the screen at its disposal anyway. Don’t worry, everything is normal. This happens because an additional step is needed , that is to install the Guest Additions in the virtual machine created . It is nothing complicated and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy the virtualized operating system in every single pixel of the display. Let’s see together how!
1) Download the updated Guest Additions iso file by clicking here . Be careful to select the version of VirtualBox you have installed on your PC.
2) Open VirtualBox, select the virtual machine with Windows 10 and click on “Settings” .
3) Go to the “Storage” tab and, in the virtual player, mount the image downloaded in point 1), clicking on the cd image and choosing “Choose a disk file…” and then the iso file to mount. Click then on “OK” .
3) Start the virtual machine with Windows 10 . Open “File Explorer” , represented by an icon with a folder, in the virtual machine you just turned on. In the sidebar, expand “This PC” and click on “CD Drive” , which should now have the “VirtualBox Guest Additions” image mounted. Run the “VBoxWindowsAdditions” file and complete the installation process .
4) After installation, the system will ask to be restarted. Select “Reboot now” and then on the “Finish” button .
The process is finished. At the new start you will be able to activate the much desired full screen mode without any hitch. Easy, right?