Would you like to put the virtual machine with Ubuntu Linux in full screen mode on VirtualBox? Find out how to put Ubuntu on VirtualBox in full screen.
- 1How to put Ubuntu on VirtualBox in full screen
The following procedure is valid whether you are virtualizing an Ubuntu machine from a computer with a Windows, macOS or Linux operating system installed.
How to put Ubuntu on VirtualBox in full screen
Have you installed an Ubuntu virtual machine with VirtualBox on your PC but when you try to put it in full screen mode, it still doesn’t use the whole display? No problem. You must know that an additional step is necessary : the Guest Additions must be installed in the virtual machine created . The procedure is quite simple and after a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy the virtualized operating system in every single pixel of the monitor. Let’s see together how to do it without wasting any more time.
1) Download the updated Guest Additions iso file by clicking here . Be careful to select the version of VirtualBox you have installed on your PC.
2) Open VirtualBox, select the virtual machine with Ubuntu and click on “Settings” .
3) Go to the “Archiving” tab and, in the virtual optical reader, mount the image downloaded in point 1), clicking on the cd icon and choosing “Choose a disk file…” and then the iso file to mount. Click then on “OK” .
4) Boot the virtual machine with Ubuntu Linux . In the virtual machine just turned on, click on the cd image that appears in the sidebar to view the contents of the iso file mounted in point 2). Click on the “Run software” button at the top right to start the installation procedure, and then again on “Run” in the pop-up window that opens to confirm. To perform the installation, you must authenticate as superuser; enter the password when requested and confirm by clicking on “Authenticate” .
5) The terminal will open and some operations will be performed that will install the Guest Additions. At the end of the procedure press “Enter” to close the terminal.
The process is over. From now on you can activate and enjoy the desired full screen mode. Simple, isn’t it?