Today we will see a fairly simple tutorial on how to put a hidden or private video on my YouTube channel . In addition, we will try to clarify what are the main differences between the two.
How to Put a Hidden or Private Video on my YouTube Channel
Having a YouTube channel is relatively simple today. What is not easy is learning everything related to it. Creating it takes a few minutes. But the platform has so many options and possibilities that it can take you a long time to learn every detail of it.
From Miracomosehace we are going to show you what is the difference between a hidden video and a private one . In addition, to show you how you can do to configure your videos with the level of privacy you want.
Put a hidden or private video on my YouTube channel
From YouTube Studio on PC
- The first thing you have to do is enter YouTube Studio . To do this, log in and then click on the icon of your channel at the top right. A new menu is displayed with several options, here you will find YouTube Studio.
- Now you must go to the left column and select ” Videos “.
- It directs you to a page where you can see all the videos that you uploaded to your channel.
- Open the video you want to edit.
- If you look below you will see a ” Visibility ” section, click on the pencil to edit.
- You can then choose whether to make it public, hidden, or private.
From a cell phone
- Open the YouTube app with your account.
- In the ” Library ” tab you will have to go to ” My videos “.
- You will be able to view all the videos uploaded to your channel. Now click on the icon with the three dots to display a small menu where you must choose the ” Edit ” option .
- In the drop-down menu you will have to choose ” Privacy “. Here you can select if you want it to be hidden or private.
- To save all the changes you will have to click on the arrow icon pointing to the right.
How to hide a YouTube video or make it private
In case you don’t really know which of the two options to choose. If hidden or private, then we will see in detail what the differences are between the two so that it is as clear as possible and you can choose the one that suits you depending on what you want to achieve.
Difference between a hidden and private video
A private video cannot be shared , nor can it be added to a channel section, much less will it appear in search results, neither as a recommended nor as a related video. In turn, it does not appear on your channel, in the subscriber feed, nor can you leave comments.
In short, in a private video you can not do anything since it is only for you . However, in a hidden one the situation changes since it limits us only a few things.
The hidden videos do not appear in search results, either as related or recommendations. You will not be able to see them in your channel list, nor will subscribers receive notifications that it was uploaded. What you can do is share it, add it to a section of your channel and leave comments.
So to summarize a bit: A private video is basically for you and no one else. While a hidden video you can control who has access to it.
I hope this tutorial on how to put a hidden or private video on my YouTube channel has been useful to you. Remember that we have a lot of YouTube tricks on Mira how it is done. We recommend that you continue browsing the blog to learn more about the huge world that surrounds the most popular video platform of the moment.