Next, we are going to see how to put a custom wallpaper on the PS4 in a fairly easy and fast way with this simple tutorial.
Let’s be honest, we love being able to personalize everything we use in a way that is as different as possible from the rest. One of the things that allows us to customize the Sony console is precisely the wallpaper.
Option that was only enabled in the 5.5 update. In this way and through a USB drive we can download all the images and photos we want from our computer and transfer them to the PS4 to use them as wallpaper and in this way “decorate” the main menu of the console with a personal background .
The tutorial is extremely simple and in a matter of minutes you will have any background you want to be able to customize the main menu of the console. Follow this step-by-step guide and you can quickly customize your console’s wallpaper.
How to customize the wallpaper of my PS4
The first thing you will have to do is connect the USB drive to our PC and create a folder called ” Images “.
Inside the folder we will have to add all the images that we like and we want them to be as wallpaper.
You must bear in mind that in the case of the PS4, either Fat or Slim, the resolution of these images must be 1920 × 1080. While in the case of the PS4 PRO it should be 3860 × 2160.
After that we must remove the pendrive from our computer. We recommend that you do it safely from the bottom right of the Windows screen. Next to the operating system clock.
- Next, you are going to have to insert it into any USB port on the console and turn it on.
- After this we will simply have to navigate through the menu of it.
- Let’s go to “ Settings ”.
- After this we will have to choose ” Themes “.
- Then we will ” Select Theme “.
- Now we will have to choose ” Customize “.
- The next option is ” Select Image “.
- And finally we choose ” USB storage device “.
How to put wallpaper on PS4
- Next, we are going to have to choose the image that we want to use for the wallpaper. We can see a preview of all the ones we added to the USB drive.
- To do so, we press the ” X ” button and confirm. We can slightly edit the image by zooming , cropping it, etc. So that it is as centered as possible. If you decide to investigate the available options a little more, you will find a few that you will surely like.
- Once you have the image perfectly framed, all you have to do is press ” X ” to accept and return to the customize menu where you will be able to find options such as ” Make Function Area Dim ” that will allow us to improve readability in areas where text appears.
- If you use the ” Preview ” button, you can see how the background looks without having to apply it. In case you like the result, simply choose the ” Apply ” option .
In this way you will have the personalized background of your PlayStation 4 in a matter of minutes, you can put any kind of image. You can even add a photo of whatever you want.
Remember that in case you have any kind of doubt about how to put a custom wallpaper on the PS4 you can leave it in the comments box that you will find a little below and we will be happy to help you in everything that is necessary to be able to solve the same as quickly as possible