In case you don’t know it, a phishing attack with fake emails is a method that internet scammers use to obtain our personal data (access codes and credit card numbers). In general, these people pose as companies and send us emails with links of dubious origin. For this reason, it is important to be alert to prevent phishing attacks, through fake emails.
Currently many people fall for this type of scams, which becomes a serious problem. Since both money and lost information is difficult to recover. It is even difficult to track down the possible perpetrators of this scam.
That is why later in this post we will talk to you in great detail about everything you can do to protect yourself and prevent a phishing attack with fake emails on my iPhone.Keep reading!
Tips to prevent a phishing attack with fake emails on my iPhone
In this first section we will tell you a little about the measures you should use to prevent a phishing attack with fake emails on my iPhone. If you put these tips into practice, the chances of being deceived by these types of emails that only want to obtain our personal data will decrease.
- One of the most important aspects of preventing a phishing attack is the security of your Apple ID. For this we recommend that you use two-factor authentication.
- It is also important that you update your personal data and that you never share the verification codes or access codes. In fact, Apple will never ask you for that information in the mail.
- Another recommendation is that you do not use gift cards from the App Store, iTunes and Apple Store to carry out other payments, since this way it is very easy to be scammed by malicious people.
- In the event that you receive or send money with Apple Pay, you must take the security measures that you normally use in a private transaction.
- On the other hand, you should not share credit card numbers with anyone, unless it is urgent and you have been able to confirm the identity of the applicant.
- If you have doubts about an email from a company, then we recommend that you do not take any risk and that you contact said company to confirm the information they have sent you.
- Finally, you should not click on any link that seems suspicious to you, since generally only one click is enough for us to fall into these types of traps.
What to do if I receive a suspicious email on my iPhone?
Next, in this section we will show you several recommendations that you should take into account when marking an email as Spam or suspicious on your iPhone. As you can see, Apple has several tools for us to avoid falling into these types of scams.
- First of all, you should check how much the email address matches the data offered by the company on its official page. Remember that scammers seek to impersonate some companies so that people fall into their trap.
- In the event that you receive an email with a URL, you must be careful that it matches the name of the official website. We advise you not to click right off the bat if you distrust this type of email.
- It is also important to make a comparison with previous emails that you have received from the same company.
- Regarding the content of the message, remember that no company will ask you to send personal information through the mail. By this we mean that for no reason do you have to send or fill out forms with your credit card number or the password for your account.
- In the event that you receive a phishing email that has the same format from the Apple company, then you should forward it to this address email@example.com .
- In the subject of the email you must include the header information of the original email you received.
- Now, if you receive suspicious emails in your iCloud inbox , we recommend that you forward them immediately to this address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you use an iPhone, protect your personal data and take care of your privacy, knowing that they are spam and avoiding them will save you a lot of inconvenience. Put these tips into practice and you will be successful.