Without a doubt, chicken nuggets are a delicious meal that is easy to incorporate into your diet. Those offered by the market are not always gluten-free. Therefore, we leave you a homemade alternative.
Fortunately, gluten-free chicken nuggets are a simple recipe to make for all those who for various reasons cannot consume protein. In addition, the flavor they have is unique, because the homemade version does not contain additives or preservatives.
Any recipe that is prepared at home is better compared to its purchased counterparts . Specifically, this is so because you can know exactly what ingredients the preparation contains and in what quantities.
Read on for a great recipe for gluten-free chicken nuggets below.
Nuggets are undoubtedly an option that people choose as part of their diet because they are easy to cook, have a pleasant texture and taste, and are easily available in stores and stores.
In fact, according to a study published in 2006 , chicken nuggets were introduced to the market in the 1980s. This research indicates that the ingredient used to make them was just chicken breast. However, due to the demand they had, other raw materials and production techniques began to be used.
For this reason, chicken necks, meat attached to the carcasses and cartilage were incorporated. Another ingredient that these processed foods contain is sodium, as it works as a preservative. However, it is important to know that this added component in industrial products can bring health complications.
Thus, it can be mentioned that sodium added to food predisposes to the development of cardiovascular diseases . In relation to this, different investigations show what are the mechanisms by which it causes damage to health in general.
In addition to the above, the purchased nuggets are not suitable for people with wheat intolerance or celiac disease . Wheat flour is used to coat them. In fact, it may be that they do not contain it as an ingredient, but they are contaminated with gluten particles.
Now, if you want to learn a recipe that is healthy, nutritious and compatible with these pathologies, follow the steps that we leave you below.
The parts of the chicken used to make the nuggets varied over time, including elements of lower nutritional quality.
It may interest you. Did you know what chicken nuggets are made of?
Gluten-free chicken nuggets
With the following amounts you will get bites for 4-5 people . Of course, the ideal would be to accompany it with a salad or garnish.
- 2 breasts of chicken.
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion.
- 2 eggs
- Virgin olive oil (amount necessary to grease a source).
- 200 grams of corn flakes without gluten or added sugar.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Step by Step
- To make these delicious gluten-free chicken nuggets, the first step is to grind the breast in a food processor . To do this, be sure to chop it into chunks first to make it easier for you. When finished, it should be like a paste.
- Then peel the garlic cloves, cut them in half and remove the center. Chop them with a knife as small as you can and place them in a bowl.
- Next, peel and chop the onion into small pieces as well. Place them together with the garlic.
- Continue this process by slicing the peppers.
- Once you have finished with the vegetables, put the processed chicken in a bowl and mix it together with the other chopped ingredients. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix everything until it forms a homogeneous and compact dough.
- Then start shaping your nuggets. To make them, you can help yourself by measuring with a spoon, so that they are all the same size.
- You can make flattened ovals, round and canes, among other figures that you like.
- To continue, reserve a few minutes in the refrigerator while you grind the corn flakesin a bowl with your hands . Mix them with the flour and start coating the nuggets one by one .
- When you’re done, pour oil into a flat pan. Arrange them in the same and cook in the oven at 200 degrees Celsius for 15 minutesor until they are golden brown.
Can be stored in the freezer
In addition to its ease of manufacture, you can also freeze this preparation in a plastic container labeled with the date and the name of the product. Also, you can do so when they are already cooked or raw . The important thing is that you use them before 3 months.
Keep in mind that thanks to this technique you will prevent them from being contaminated with other foods and that you can have gluten-free chicken nuggets at your fingertips whenever you want to eat them.
This preparation can be frozen, so you will have the product at any time.
There are other variants that you can do that are suitable for those who cannot consume gluten. Thus, among the options to choose from to replace flakes and cornmeal are the following:
- Quinoaflour .
- Oatmeal that is certified with the TACC-freelogo , that is, gluten-free.
- Buckwheat flour.
- Cassava flour or starch.
- Cornstarch or cornstarch.
- Legume flour: chickpeas, soybeans, peas.
It may interest you How to make vegetarian nuggets: 3 recipes
Prepare these delicious gluten-free chicken nuggets
Don’t wait any longer to try this delicious recipe. Keep in mind that, although there are several alternatives to make them gluten-free, with the corn flakes you will achieve a crispy batter that you will love.
Also, do not forget that before buying processed nuggets it is convenient that you prepare them at home. In this way, your snacks will be quality, nutritious and with a unique flavor.