Welcome! If you have a Nintendo Switch, it has surely happened to you that you cannot comfortably play some video games because the controls have certain limitations. In this case, we must tell you that there is a quick and easy way to play on Nintendo Switch with controllers from other consoles . Later in this post we will show you the whole process step by step.Keep reading!
How to Play on Nintendo Switch with Controllers from Other Consoles (PS4 and Xbox One)
- Why do some users play on the Nintendo Switch with controllers from other consoles?
- Play on Nintendo Switch with controllers from other consoles
- Steps to play on Nintendo Switch with PS4 and Xbox One controller
Why do some users play on the Nintendo Switch with controllers from other consoles?
As we well know, the Nintendo Switch is a console that has a very varied catalog of video games, which are made for users to spend hours and hours of fun either with their friends or family,
However, among all the good things about this console, we have that the controls are not the best to play some exclusive Nintendo titles. Although these controllers have a lot of built-in functions that enhance the gaming experience (custom vibration and motion sensors) this is not enough in some cases.
For example, the controls of the Nintendo Switch do not have crosshairs and the sticks do not allow us a wide mobility of the camera, especially in first-person shooter.
That is why many users prefer to look for better alternatives to play some exclusive titles from this company. Currently, the best alternatives have been the controllers for PS4 and Xbox One , since they provide better mobility and comfort when playing a game in Doom or Wolfenstein.
Play on Nintendo Switch with controllers from other consoles
Several devices are available on the market that allow us to play on Nintendo Switch with controllers from other consoles without the need to use cables or adapters. Among them, we have the 8Bitdo device, which we will detail later.
This device connects to the dock of the Nintendo Switch and we can synchronize it via Bluetooth with the PS4 and Xbox One controller in a few minutes, easily.
In general, people who have a Nintendo Switch also have another console, either an Xbox One or a Playstation 4. That is why this adapter fits like a glove, you can also buy it on the Amazon Spain website for less from 20 euros.
In the next section we will show you the process you must follow to be able to play on Nintendo Switch with controllers from other consoles using the 8Bitdo device.
Steps to play on Nintendo Switch with PS4 and Xbox One controller
Here we will show you how to play on Nintendo Switch with a PS4 and Xbox One controller thanks to the 8Bitdo device, without a doubt you will see that the process is quick and easy.
- First of all you must connect the 8Bitdo adapterto the Nintendo Switch using a USB cable, either type C or type A.
- Next, you have to press the button on the side of the 8BItdo device until a small light flashes on the adapter.
- Now, you have to press and hold the ‘Home’ and ‘Share’ buttons on the PS4 controller at the same time until its light blinks. In this way you will have correctly synchronized the remote with the adapter.
- After pairing is complete, both the light on the controller and the light on the adapter will stop flashing.
- Finally, press any button on the PS4 controllerand this will end the syncing process on Switch.
Xbox One controller
Now, to play with the Xbox One controller on the Nintendo Switch, you must follow the steps that we mentioned above to the letter. But, you have to press the button on the front of the controller, that is, the button located just above the micro USB port.
This is how you can play on the Nintendo Switch with your Xbox One controller, which can be very useful when you are with friends. However, you should be clear that at first it will be difficult to calibrate the remote and get used to the buttons.
If this information has been useful to you, remember to share it with all your contacts so that they can play on Nintendo Switch with controllers from other consoles without using cables.