Both in Windows and in Mac, it is possible to reproduce a gif that we download from the internet or that we have on our phone stored. For this, it is essential to have the correct program and that it is compatible with the format of the file we want to open (in this case a gif)
- What should I do if I can’t play animated GIFs on my Mac?
- Use a web browser
- How can I view my animated GIFs on my Mac from the space bar?
- Locate image
- How to view my Mac animated GIFs from the ‘Preview’ app?
What should I do if I can’t play animated GIFs on my Mac?
It is common that when trying to play a gif on a Mac computer , it does not play or simply remains a static image. There is a very simple solution that you can implement, and it is using a browser. You can also add a gif to PowerPoint if all you want is to see what it’s about and what it’s like.
Use a web browser
To open any Gif with the browser that you have installed on your computer, you have to follow a series of fairly simple steps, which are:
- Locate the gif within the storage of your computer, you can use the Finder to do the search.
- After you have found the gif, you are going to right click on it and then on the Open With option.
- This will open a new options menu which will allow you to open the gif with the different programs you have installed.
- Choose Safari or another browserif you have installed it
- The file you are trying to open with the browser will automatically open in a new window.
These are literally all the steps you need to do. In case it doesn’t work for you, you can verify that the file has been downloaded correctly or try another browser to rule out that it is the same program that is causing the problem .
How can I view my animated GIFs on my Mac from the space bar?
If for some reason you don’t want to open the browser to play the gif or you want something much simpler and with fewer steps, you have the option of using the space bar on your Mac to see the gif. In case you have decided to resize the Gif for social networks , you can still use this method.
To implement this easy method, you have to do the following:
- Search and locate the file in gif format that you want to play.
- Then double click on the file such and you give it to execute
- The difference is that you are going to hold down the space keywhile the corresponding program is running.
When you release the space bar, you will notice that the gif is shown as capable and static. When you press and hold the space bar, you can play the gif as if it were a video.
How to view my Mac animated GIFs from the ‘Preview’ app?
Being able to see a gif before uploading it and publishing it on Instagram or other social networks is vital so that we do not make mistakes in relation to the publication we want to make, in addition to being a feasible way that will allow you to know if the gif is executed correctly and lasts as long as you need.
Use the preview program to look at the gif that you have downloaded or have been handed to you. To do so, just do the following:
- Go to the preview on your Mac and then open the Animated Gif
- Now you have to select the Viewoption followed by Thumbnails . This in case the thumbnail is not displayed.
As you can see, it is not very difficult to preview an animated GIF on a Mac that almost anyone could do.
It is possible that this method or option is not entirely viable, since the thumbnail does not have the right size for you to see it properly. The best thing you can do is use an editing program that you have on your Mac , a browser or the default program brings this type of technology.