- Animal Crossing: New Horizons is a critically acclaimed simulation game created for the Nintendo Switch.
- However, its popularity determined that gamers also find a way to test on PC.
- We have a lot of similar guides on our dedicated Emulator Software Center, so check them out too.
- Avid gamers should also visit our dedicated games page for more great articles.
Those of you who have a Nintendo Switch console at home have surely heard about, and maybe even bought, Animal Crossing: New Horizons.
This life simulation video game allows you to manage a community of anthropomorphic animals in real time, and has already received much praise for having sold more than 5,000,000 units in its first month since its launch.
However, the problem with this beloved game is that it is exclusive to the Nintendo Switch at the moment.
However, PC gamers want to play this title too, so finding a way to make the game work on the Windows platform has become a highly sought after thing.
That is precisely why we have created the following tutorial so that you can enjoy the latest entry in Animal Crossing from the comfort of your PC.
Note: Before continuing with the guide below, you should already have a copy of Animal Crossing: New Horizons installed on a Nintendo Switch console.
How do I play Animal Crossing: New Horizons on PC?
Use the Ryujinx Nintendo Switch emulator
- Download the OpenAL client here
- Once the client is downloaded, extract it and install it on your PC
- Download the Ryujinx from here
- Extract it on your PC
- Open the newly extracted folder and double click on Ryujinx.exe
- This will make the emulator run
In Animal Crossing: New Horizons you can explore, create and care for a growing community of anthropomorphic animals.