For those who like a lot of online action, Ubisoft’s new Battle Royale is a great choice. Hyper Scape brings insane combat to the virtual city of Neo Arcadia. Only a team or a player can come out as winners. To do this, you must eliminate all opponents or hold on to the Crown for as long as necessary. Whoever is going to play seriously needs all the available performance, so we will teach you how to optimize Hyper Scape to run with more FPS on your PC.
We will start with the graphic settings of the game. There are several important options such as the screen refresh rate, texture quality and shadows, in addition to the resolution scale. We’ll show you which ones weigh the most and which ones have the greatest impact on gameplay.
Then we will also give you some configuration tips for Windows and your video card, all so that your performance is perfect. This way you can win your Hyper Scape match without dropping FPS, lag or crashes.
Let’s go to the guide!
How to optimize Hyper Scape for more FPS on PC
It would be very simple for us to tell you to download all the game settings. Options set to the minimum quality are generally lighter for your GPU. It turns out that many of them can impair your performance in the match and the visualization of your opponents.
Graphics at Ultra Low show the least amount of visual pollution. Indoor environments are all clear with simple textures. However, the effects of weapons and the environment are greatly affected. Some of the attacks seem even more imprecise because they do not convey the notion of range.
In Ultra High the graphics have effects too, with lights from each corner of Neo Arcadia. In addition, the cost of performance in this configuration is very high. Lowering the chart too high or too high will give immediate relief to your vision and video card.
So we will comment below on what each of the Hyper Scape graphical adjustments does and also what is the recommended setting for maximum FPS and proper gameplay. To activate the game’s graphic settings menu, press the F10 key on your keyboard and then click on “Settings” -> “Video”.
Comparison between Ultra Low, Medium and Ultra High (Image: Xeon Hacker )
Graphical options and optimization recommendations for Hyper Scape
Hyper Scape display options
- Display Mode: We recommend full screen mode as it offers slightly more stable performance. Borderless also works well, but may have inconsistencies with the refresh rate and the monitor.
- Resolution : Always choose your monitor’s native resolution to have a better view of enemies and information on the screen. Download only if necessary to achieve an acceptable SPF.
- Refresh Rate : Opt for the highest allowed by your monitor. Models with rates like 144Hz offer a great competitive advantage, providing smoother movements and a quicker view of enemies on the screen.
- Monitor : Usually automatic option if you have a monitor. If you have 2 or more, select the one on which the game should be displayed.
Advanced Hyper Scape Options
- V-Sync : We recommend the Off option. V-Sync on conventional monitors causes delay in response to movements (input lag), considerably decreasing its shooting and movement accuracy.
- Aspect ratio : Automatic choice to make the game adapt to the format of your monitor.
- Widescreen letterbox : Off. This option creates black bars above and below the image to give a cinematic experience, which does not make any sense in a Competitive Battle Royale like Hyper Scape.
- Field of view : Defines how open your viewing angle is. Adjust as you see fit to balance your ability to view the map with the accuracy of the crosshairs.
- Brightness : To gain an advantage inside buildings, adjust in a way that the game’s shadows cannot hide opponents.
Hyper Scape graphics quality
- General Quality: Change several parameters at once according to the chosen level. We recommend Custom so that you can adjust each point individually.
- Animation quality : Determines the quality of the characters and their levels of details. For clarity, choose at least Medium.
- Anti-aliasing quality: Hyper Scape is one of the most jagged graphics games we’ve seen. For this reason, try to leave at least TXAA enabled. The 2x and 4X options greatly increase the game’s resolution, having a significant FPS impact. If it impacts your FPS too much, don’t even waste time with FXAA, because it blurs everything on the screen.
- Atmosphere quality: Defines the atmosphere effects. Lower to minimum for maximum clarity when aiming.
- Resolution scale: Determines the dynamic rendering resolution of the game. If you can, leave it locked at 100% fixed for greater level of detail and image clarity. If you need FPS, switch to a not too low dynamic and consider adjusting the frame rate quality as well. Low settings here can compromise the entire image, leaving the game bad, blurry or checkered.
- Geometry Quality: The Medium option keeps many of the details, slightly reducing the computational cost.
- Quality of frame rate: Sets the target frames per second of the game (FPS). We leave it at 240 or according to the monitor.
- Lighting quality : Sets the quality of the game’s shadows. If you see an uglier look, select the minimum option. It makes it easier to see targets, especially in dark parts of the scene.
- Shadow quality : Sets the quality of the game’s shadows. If you see an uglier look, select the minimum option. It makes it easier to see targets, especially in dark parts of the scene.
- Sharpness: Sharpens the scene. By default Hyper Scape has a very blurry look. Adjustment for values between 25 and 75% for a more defined look.
- Sound quality: Sets the number of more distant sounds you perceive. Always select the maximum option if you can.
- Texture quality : Defines the quality of textures. If you want maximum clarity and FPS go for the minimum. The intermediate option maintains much of the quality without so much impact on performance. If you have a card with more than 3 or 4 GB of VRAM you can experiment with the highest settings without worry. It can cause crashes and stutter if it is above the limit of your board.
- Quality of visual effects: General quality of effects. Choose at least medium to have a good view of the impact radius of the fired weapons and skills (Hacks).
A very important tip is to always restart the game after finishing your adjustments. This is important because some of the changes require a restart of Battle Royale Hyper Scape.
How to optimize Windows 10 and GPU for Hyper Scape
In addition to the game settings, remember to optimize Windows and the rest of your system. The first step is to download the most current driver for your video card, whether from NVIDIA or AMD.
In the performance and power settings of the GPU, it is also important to navigate to the power usage guide and set the video card to maximum performance mode. This ensures an adequate supply of energy to the component, which can work better under stress.
Do the same for Windows 10. Access the Control Panel, navigate to the Power and Sleep screen and find the option “Performance and power”. Drag the bar all the way to the right, selecting the best performing Power Mode.
Finally, remember to close all unnecessary programs during the game. Simple browsers like Google Chrome can consume more than 8 GB of RAM on your PC, depending on the number of tabs and the content.