Group work can always be somewhat annoying, especially when each of the members of a group must modify the structure of the same document .
The accumulation of different versions of the same file is what makes this type of activity a real nightmare, due to the constant downloading of documents . But for each problem, incredible solutions arise, and here we will detail a magnificent one that will avoid those terrible headaches that represent uncomfortable situations.
How to work better in a group?
Fortunately, the large companies in charge of developing the programs that allow this type of work to be carried out have been implementing, for some years now, the necessary tools to facilitate work in this type of situation .
Probably one of the most used tools is the information cloud, where, as long as you have an internet connection, you can enter your account, modify a document, share with the contacts you want and have them modify, add or delete content .
Using Google Docs
Since its launch in 2006 , Google Docs has been consolidating itself more and more as one of the tools par excellence when it comes to collaborative work, due to the useful functions that this software makes available to its users.
The main feature of this software , or at least the most important, is the possibility of several people to work on the same document simultaneously.
Another aspect that is extremely important to highlight is that the use of these tools is completely free, you will only need a Gmail account to be able to enjoy this extraordinary service.
Why use Google Docs?
The list of advantages that the use of Google Docs can give suggests that the question would rather be: why not use Google Docs? However, here you will have a selection of the most significant advantages of using this incredible service from Google.
- Of course, to top the list, it was impossible not to start with something that has already been mentioned above: the possibility of creating and editing documents to share them with one or more contacts , so that they, in turn, can make modifications, either separately or simultaneously.
- Has the internet failed? electricity? Has your laptop been unloaded? Or has the computer suddenly shut down? Did you forget to save ?! Don’t worry, these accidents won’t continue to happen while you use Google Docs, thanks to the fact that every modification you make to the document is saved automatically .
- You have the ability to create or edit documents from any device , so the limitation of using only your computer for this is something that you will leave in the past.
- Is the group large? Do you want to know who and when the last modification of a document was made? With the version history of Google Docs you will know it.
A variety of documents
This type of tool, for other softwares, is used mainly for text documents and spreadsheets. However, Google Docs also allows you to create and edit presentations simultaneously. E xpandiéndose, thus increasing the needs of its users.
Simultaneous editing tools
At this point, it is important that you know how you can share a document with different contacts and the tools that you can use in Google Docs during this process.
- At the time of creating or finalizing the edition of a document. At the top right of your screen you will be able to see the Share button ”.
- You can add contacts or copy the link of the document.
- You can chat with your colleagues while editing a document. Thanks to the comments section, a very important tool when correcting or making suggestions.
Do not wait more!
With a good organization. Carrying out group work will be easier once you learn to manage the interesting tools that Google Docs puts at your disposal.
If you don’t have a Google account yet, don’t wait too long and start experiencing the various benefits of Google Docs. C rear and edit individually or in groups all documents necessary.