For many, the use of an application with which to be able to modify photos like a professional has become a priority taking into account the latest trends that are seen in the different social networks that are used in 2020 .
Whether it is for a trend, to give your photos a specific aesthetic or to joke around with your friends, these mobile applications are always with us.
This has created great competition within an industry that grows every day, so the developers of these applications have looked for creative ways through which they can find a new filter or a new way of interacting with the photos that you have. taken.
Until a couple of years ago, many thought that everything possible had been done in terms of modifying photos, until FaceApp, the application that has an aged effect, was released.
This is an application through which you can modify the way the person looks in the photograph in a totally radical way.
Through a complex artificial intelligence, a cloud to store data and some filters, an application has been found that makes you look old, of the opposite sex and much more.
Really, with FaceApp there are many ways to have fun and experience what is seen on the screen and then spread it through your social networks.
However, the face transformation process carried out by FaceApp is quite complex, so you can limit some images and the way they are edited, such as if there is more than one person in the image or if a hat is being worn.
Furthermore, at the moment it is not possible to apply this filter to our videos no matter how much we want, but there is always a way to do this.
Given the latter, today we will teach you through a simple tutorial how you can make this same FaceApp effect to a video of your choice with the use of AfterEffects.
The effect of FaceApp with AfterEffects
Everything is possible in our life if we try hard enough; That is why, although something may seem impossible, our ingenuity can end up making it possible.
Although FaceApp does not have the option to pass our videos through its program; it is possible to do the exact same effect in AfterEffects, and by these we mean using AfterEffects to make a video.
A video from FaceApp
To make a FaceApp video, you must make use of AfterEffects, and at the end you will have the possibility to do this with any video through this step by step:
- First, open the video you want to convert with the FaceApp filter in your AfterEffects, and then drag your video to the compose button to work on it.
- Next, convert your video into a square format to work with this easier and add a frame counter checking the number of frames per second of your video and then convert it into a JPEG sequence in the Output options.
- Now, with the help of the frame per second counter, you must pass each photo that you have rendered through the FaceApp application until you have all the photos with the filter that you want the video to have.
- Finally, take all the photos and put them together using AfterEffects, essentially putting them back in the original frames per second format. Remember that you can do this in the same window that you did the first steps in order to remove the frame per second counter.
- Also keep in mind that you can use the mask tool, with respect to the original video , in order to have a better resolution around the face and with a grainy effect to have a better final quality in the project.