Juices are usually served cold. Don’t add ice cubes. In order to taste more delicious, juice can be added to lime slices or other flavorings, such as milk and calorie-free syrup. Juice is consumed three times a day each one glass, before or after meals.
However, it should also be noted that besides juice providing health benefits, food has also long been known to cause the non-availability of some minerals. It has been proven that dietary fiber influences biological non-availability and homeostasis of some minerals
That’s why Jason Vale, a writer and lifestyle coach who often says that many people don’t eat enough vegetables and make them juice is a good way to get essential nutrients for the body. If you don’t want to eat it, just drink it.
But often the way to make juice is not right, making vitamins and fiber is reduced. Many people just take the juice from fruit or vegetable juice and leave the pulp. In fact, pulp, which is actually the most precisely needed fiber the body. While the juice you drink generally only contains water, sugar and a little vitamin. For that, there are ways to make vegetable and fruit juices correctly.
- Buy a good-quality juicer, blender or food processor
Tools that are high quality will produce good food or drinks too. A quality blender or juicer will process fruits and vegetables until smooth so that they no longer need to be filtered or leave a rough taste in the neck when drinking it.
- Don’t peel fruit or vegetable peels if not necessary
Some fruits and vegetables store their most important nutrients on the skin or just under the skin. Such as apples , pears, grapes , cucumbers , tomatoes , and beets . You should use organic fruits and vegetables to make juice. Make sure that the fruits and vegetables have been washed before blending the fruit. While the fruits that need to be peeled are carrots, oranges , grapefruit, pineapple , mango and banana .
Vegetables are the most beneficial when consumed raw. Except for some types of vegetables such as spinach or kale. If you’re not used to eating raw broccoli, celery, beets, or pak choy, you can blend them. Mix several types of fruit such as apples, lemons, oranges, or strawberries to give a better taste and neutralize the unpleasant odor of vegetables.
- Recommended juice combination
Understanding how to combine different types of juice can increase success in making fresh juices that are easier to digest. There is a method for choosing the right juice to combine, according to the suitability.
When consuming juice or food will experience many changes and will be broken down into nutrients, then absorbed by the body. The most important factor of digestive secretion is that the body will adjust fluids and enzymes to the character of the food eaten and the juice consumed. Incorrectly juice juice will cause indigestion.
Fruit juices are categorized by type of fruit, there are four categories:
- Sweet fruit for example bananas. Bananas are ripe enough to be eaten, their characteristics have brown spots
- Acidic fruit such as oranges, pineapples, lemons
- Medium acid fruit for example grapes, apples, pears, peaches or fleshy fruits
- Watery fruit such as melons and watermelons
While some juice combinations are suggested:
- Sweet fruit juice can be mixed with medium acidic fruit juice
- Medium fruit juice can be mixed with sweet fruit or sour fruit juice
- Acidic fruit juice can be mixed with medium acidic fruit juice
- Fruit and vegetable juices can be mixed with tamarind or green leafy vegetables
- Green leafy vegetable juice can be mixed with fruit or root vegetables.
- Always clean the juicer after use
This is to prevent the fruit residue from settling for too long and make the scented juicer glass unpleasant. In addition, also to avoid bacterial or germ contamination, because vegetables and fruits that have been destroyed are generally more easily exposed to substances that are not good from the air. Don’t forget to dry the juicer first before storing it on the rack.