Turning off our computers without the need to go to any menu or pressing a combination of keys on our keyboard would be something very interesting, don’t you think? The truth is that this can be done using Microsoft’s virtual assistant, stay and read How to make Cortana turn off my Windows 10 PC with my voice? – Fast and easy.
The Cortana application can be quite useful if we know how to use it properly, it is also possible to use certain tricks that will greatly facilitate our time on the computer. If you want to know the method to turn off the computer using Cortana, then you have to read the following article that we have prepared for you.
What is Cortana?
Cortana is a function that saw the light in 2014, and is the virtual assistant created by the Microsoft company to be used within Windows operating systems. It is a very interesting program that can facilitate many functions, since we only need to use our voice to give it directions.
Using the Cortana application, it is possible to create event alarms, open applications and countless other tasks, and you can even configure Cortana to tell jokes , in addition to many things that facilitate the use of our computer. Still, can the computer be turned off using the Cortana application? The truth is that there are some ways to do this effectively.
If what you want is to turn off your computer using your voice with the Cortana assistant, the first thing you should do is activate the Hello Cortana function in Windows 10 . We recommend you read the following information in which we will talk about it.
How to make Cortana turn off my Windows 10 PC with my voice – Quick and easy?
Many people do not know it, but Cortana can be very useful for certain functions, since with it you can automate certain processes , such as turning off the computer using your voice. To carry out this process, we recommend that you consider the following methods.
Shut down your computer using your voice with Cortana
In the event that you have a recent version of the Windows 10 operating system, it is very possible that Cortana’s functionality has been expanded, if so, the process to turn off the computer using voice is extremely simple.
All you have to do is open the Cortana application and say something like “Hello Cortana, turn off my computer . ” Note that you can also open apps using your voice with Cortana in much the same way as above.
As we mentioned previously, in the event that you have a recent version of the operating system with the relevant updates, using the previous command you should be able to turn off your computer using only your voice.
Another method to make Cortana turn off PC with voice
Either way, many people complain that the above method does not work. For this reason, it would be convenient to apply another mode with which it is possible to turn off the equipment using our voice. This being the case, we want to present you with a little trick that could help you once and for all turn off your computer using Cortana .
- The first thing you should do is open the browser application, which you can access through the “Computer” option present in the Windows 10 start menu.
- Once you are there, you must enter the folder of the programs start menu, this is at the following address: C: \ Users \ TUUSUARIO \ AppData \ Roaming \ Microsoft \ Windows \ Start Menu \ Programs. Keep in mind that you must change “YOURUSER” according to the username you have on your computer.
- Inside this folder we will proceed to create a new shortcut. This shortcut should have the following code: shutdown.exe –s –t00 . In the same way, it is recommended that you give it the name “Turn off” or something similar.
- The code we used above will cause the computer to shut down immediately after opening the shortcut.
- If you have Cortana activated, all you have to say is ” Execute shutdown” , other processes which should automatically shut down your computer using only your voice.
Without a doubt, this Windows tool is extremely useful, in fact you can use Cortana to search Google Chrome or Firefox . Don’t stop using Cortana and get the most out of it.