Networks have become a useful tool to maintain communication, they are also used a lot in the field of entertainment, as well as in labor aspects. In short, wherever networks are a very useful tool in this technological age, but how can we make an ethernet cable without using a crimper ? Discover it here.
Ethernet cable is the most widely used cable worldwide to make network connections in local area, this cable is also known as UTP cable (Unshielded Twisted Pair). It is characterized by being a cable with a braiding system that is used mainly for connection in communications.
This is a guarantee for the creation of local area networks, connections between servers and many related aspects. A characteristic of this ethernet cable is its color assessment. It has 8 different colors and the combination of them is used for various tasks.
The colors are: white with orange, orange, white and green, blue, white and blue, green, white with brown and finally brown. They are made without shielding, which means that they do not incorporate a metallic mesh or coating to protect the cable. This cable is very fragile, so you must be careful when handling it.
Of course, this is not the only reason why there may be connection failure in the networks .
The tools that are commonly used to crimp an ethernet cable are: crimper and pliers. But if we don’t have a crimper, then we will show you how you can make ethernet cable without using a crimper .
Step by step to crimp without crimper
The crimper is a tool known by different names, among the most common are: terminal or crimping pliers, compression pliers and punch. This tool allows crimping or ensuring that the pieces do not move and are adhered to each other.
In the case of an ethernet cable , we can easily use this tool to join a connector with the cable. But if we don’t have this tool, there is another way to do it.
To do this we will need the ethernet cable, two RJ-45 cable connectors, a scissors and a flat screwdriver. Now we go to the step by step to be able to crimp the ethernet cable and it is as follows:
- We must use the scissors very carefully and make a cut on the side of the cable that allows us to extract or discover the value of the colors.
- Then we must do the color combination from left to right as follows ( this is the “B” standard ): orange – white, orange, green – white, blue, blue – white, green, brown – white and brown.
- Once the combination is made, we must cut the ends of the cables and place them in the RJ-45 connector. The connector must be with the tab facing down and then we will introduce the cable, we must make sure that no colored cable is left out of the connector.
- With the screwdriver we will press the cable through the opening of the connector with force, this is to make sure that the connector does not come off the cable.
- At the tip of the connector, we will see some golden pins , these pins must be in contact with the colored wiring and for this, with the help of the flat screwdriver we will press one by one.
- Finally, we must verify that the pins are well pressed and attached.
Remember that this is a temporary solution , the best option is to crimp the cables with a crimper to ensure the durability of the connection. However, by following these steps you can enjoy a cable internet connection using a local area network.
It is important to note that depending on the type of network or use, a technical evaluation must be made, depending on the case for which type of ethernet cable is the most appropriate.
In this article you discovered how to make a wire of Ethernet without crimping step. In addition to this, you learned what the color combination is and remember that, if you liked this article, do not forget to share it and recommend this page. Also, find more related articles.