This affects a minimum of 400,000 people, about 1% of the population, although it is estimated that “many more people suffer from it” but are not diagnosed .
All children are passionate about cakes, especially if they have chocolate. But what if they cannot eat gluten-free foods because they have celiac disease? You don’t have to worry, because we bring you some delicious gluten-free cake recipes so they can enjoy them too.
From a gluten-free cake with chocolate, yogurt or carrot, to the keys to making a gluten-free cake with Thermomix as rich as a traditional one. You just have to follow the following tips, so take note. We started!
Gluten-free yogurt cake
- 1 yogurt
- 3 eggs
- 350g sugar
- 125 ml oil
- 350 g of gluten-free flour (rice, lentils …)
- 1 tablespoon of baking soda
- 1 lemon
- To start, preheat the oven to 180 ºCand grease the mold where you are going to bake the gluten-free sponge cake.
- In a bowl, add the eggs, yogurt and sugar and mix well.
- When it is well integrated, sift the flour and the bicarbonateand add it to the previous mixture until you obtain a homogeneous mass.
- Grate the lemon peel and add it to the bowl as well, as well as the oil, and keep stirring.
- Pour the mixture over the greased mold when the ingredients are well integrated and put it in the oven for 40 minutes.
Gluten-free carrot cake
Ingredients for a 16-18 cm diameter mold:
- 2 carrots, grated
- 2 bananas
- 10 tablespoons of almond flour
- 4 or 5 tablespoons of agave syrup
- 1/2 envelope of Royal yeast
- 3 eggs M
- 3 tablespoons of plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Icing sugar to decorate (optional)
For the filling:
- 3 tablespoons of plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons cheese spread
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- The zest of the orange peel
- We start this gluten-free sponge cake by crushing the almond flour, grated carrots, bananas, nutmeg, yeast, yogurt and eggs with the mixer until obtaining a homogeneous mixture.
- To cook this cake gluten free baked we will have to put in a mold microwaveable greased and cook for three minutes at 800 W. Open the microwave and check if it’s ready by sticking in a toothpick. If it isn’t, set the appliance for 20-30 second batches until the toothpick comes out clean.
- When it’s done, we wait ten minutes before unmolding it. You can put it in the fridge for a few minutes while you prepare the filling. This is as simple as mixing all the ingredients of the same in a bowlwith some manual rods or a fork. Cover the container with plastic wrap and store it in the fridge until the cake is cold.
- Finally, take the gluten-free cake without oven out of the fridge, cut it in half, spread the filling and cover it. If you want to give it the format of an American carrot cake, you can double the amount of fillingand put another layer as a topping. Afterwards, sprinkle with cinnamon, nutmeg, grated carrot, dried fruit or whatever you like best. You can also put the filling only in the center and sprinkle with a little icing sugar.
Gluten-free chocolate cake
Ingredients for a 22cm diameter mold:
- 170 g gluten-free flour
- 120g sugar
- 30 g of pure cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 200 ml of vegetable milk (better soy)
- 80 ml oil
- 30g of chocolate chips, two tablespoons of hazelnut or peanut butter, a teaspoon of vanilla …, or whatever you like best.
Steps to follow:
- First, preheat the oven to 180 ºC and grease the mold. Then add all the dry ingredients to a bowl and mix well.
- Then add the milk and oiland whatever you’ve chosen for that special touch.
- Mix well until you get a homogeneous dough and pour the dough into the mold.
- Bake for 30-40 minutesand use the toothpick trick to see if it’s done.
- When the toothpick comes out clean, remove the gluten-free cake from the oven and let it cool on a rack before unmolding it. Finally, decorate it with chocolate ganache or whatever you like the most.
Gluten-free sponge cake with Thermomix
- 3 eggs
- 150g sugar
- 150 g butter at room temperature
- 120 g of cornstarch
- 5 g baking powder
- Vanilla, cinnamon, or lemon zest
- Powdered sugar
- If you found the gluten-free cake without oven delicious, wait to try this gluten-free cake with Thermomix. First of all, grease and flour a rectangular mold.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ºC,put the butterfly on the blades and place 100 g of sugar and butter in the glass. Beat for two minutes on speed two, occasionally lowering the mixture towards the blades.
- Add just the yolks and mix for 30 seconds at speed three.
- Sift together the flour and yeast, add to the mixture and also add the vanilla, cinnamon or lemon zest. Beat for 30 more secondsat speed three. Transfer the mixture to a large container.
- Wash and dry the glass and the butterfly, place the butterfly on the blades and whip the whites with theremaining 50 g of sugar for three minutes at speed three.
- Add the whipped whites to the previous mixture and integrate the ingredients well with a few rods making only enveloping movements for a fluffy result.
- Put the mixture in the prepared mold and put it in the oven for 45-50 minutes. When ready, remove and cool for 10 minutes before unmolding.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar to decorate your gluten-free cake with Thermomix and… Good appetite!