The possibilities that technology has offered in the different fields are simply incredible, the automation of complex tasks that previously would have taken us three times the estimated time has been achieved, one of the greatest successes to these has been the use of computers to carry the entire scope of writing and storing all kinds of documents.
The possibility and ease that computers offer to write, correct, order and share written documents is simply incredible and comfortable, managing to generate a clean and error-free structure that can be handled by anyone under a format that can be altered at your convenience.
However, there are many ways to view the different types of documents, but a novel creation that emerged based on Microsoft in 2008 was the XPS format , which aims to be a competition to the famous PDF format and seeks to be a universal viewer of any type Document, which allows you to transform your documents into a printed format that cannot be edited
- How to Install XPS Viewer using DISM command?
- What is the way to download XPS Viewer from Windows Update instead of WSUS?
- How can you troubleshoot the installation of the XPS viewer?
- Uninstall and reinstall Microsoft XPS Document Writer
- How to configure your XPS file once it is installed?
How to Install XPS Viewer using DISM command?
If you are one of those who love to try new software or like to update with new trends, you can try the XPS viewer that Microsoft offers and that we can easily install on our Windows system, for this we will only have to follow the following steps:
- We will go to the task bar of our desktop and write in the CMD search bar, and then enter the command window that opens.
- In this window we enter the following code: dism / online / Add-Capablity / CapablityName: XPS.Viewer ~~~~ 0.0.1.0
- Then, we will press Enter.
Once this is done, the XPS viewer will be installed automatically in our operating system and we will be able to view, convert, modify or create any XPS document without the need for Microsoft Office .
What is the way to download XPS Viewer from Windows Update instead of WSUS?
In case we cannot install XPS from the Windows CMD, we also have the possibility of using the Windows Update service, which offers us another alternative which will allow us to install the XPS viewer on our computer , for which we will only have to follow the steps below:
- We will press the Windowsbutton together with R and enter the gpedit.msc command in the window that opens.
- Then, we will proceed to go to Computer Configuration, enter Administrative Templatesand finally System.
- In the panel that appears on the right, we will click on Specify the settingsfor the installation and repair of optional components.
- We will change the status to enabled and check the box labeled Download repair contentand optional features directly from Windows Update instead of Windows Server Update Services (WSUS).
How can you troubleshoot the installation of the XPS viewer?
It may happen that, at the time of installation, different problems may be generated that make it impossible to install the XPS viewer . Although it is not common for these to manifest themselves, here are some solutions that you can try to ensure the installation of the XPS viewer on your computer :
Uninstall and reinstall Microsoft XPS Document Writer
If an installation error occurs, it is probably associated with a download error or a bug that was generated during installation, so it will be necessary to uninstall the application and re-apply some of the installation processes again.
How to configure your XPS file once it is installed?
Once our XPS viewer is installed, we would believe that it would be necessary to make modifications so that it is adapted to our liking, but being a viewer it does not have great options to modify .
The main options that will allow us to access the program window will be to open an XPS file, create an XPS file, print an XPS file and index an XPS file and other functionalities how to convert XPS files to Word that we can find better explained in Microsoft support.