It is currently almost four weeks since the WWDC21 development conference, at which Apple introduced new operating systems. Specifically, we saw the introduction of iOS and iPadOS 15, macOS 12 Monterey, watchOS 8 and tvOS 15. After the introductory presentation at this conference, the first developer beta versions of these systems were released. However, last night Apple released the first public beta versions of these systems, except for macOS 12 Monterey. At the time, it was uncertain when the first public beta of macOS 12 Monterey would be released. The good news is that we now know that – it was released a few minutes ago. This means that macOS 12 Monterey can be tried and tested by any of you.
How to install the public beta of macOS 12 Monterey
If you have decided to install the public beta version of macOS 12 Monterey on your Mac or MacBook, the procedure is relatively simple:
- On your Mac or MacBook on which you want to install macOS 12 Monterey, go to the Apple Beta Program page.
- If you are not registered, click Sign Upand register for the beta program using your Apple ID.
- If you are registered, click Sign In.
- You then need to click Acceptto confirm the terms that appear.
- Then go downto the menu on the page , where you move to the macOS tab .
- Then scroll downand click enroll your Mac under the Get Started heading .
- Now scroll again slightly belowand under the heading Enroll your Mac, click Download the MacOS Public Beta Access Utility.
- Then you need to click
- The special utility is then downloaded. After downloading, double-click to open itand perform a classic
- After installation, go to System Preferences -> Software Update, where the update option will appear.