The Chinese distribution Deepin has reached its twentieth version with some very interesting news. Find out what has changed in it and how to install it!
The Linux has gained more and more space on computers and has a lot of distributions available for each user to find the right option for you. A distribution that has been quite successful is the Chinese Deepin , which has always stood out for having a pleasant look.
In this month of September, Linux Deepin reached its version number 20 with several new features for its users. So, to help you know a little more about this distribution, Olhar Digital separated what are its main news and how to install it. Check out!
The main news of Linux Deepin 20
As previously mentioned, Deepin has always stood out for offering a very modern look and different from other distributions. In its version number 20, its viusal has a new look with different icons and animations. In addition, it is also worth remembering, Deepin has support for a dark theme and other adjustments so that your look is personalized.
Who is also slightly different is the system of system notifications. Now, for example, it is possible to receive sounds from your notifications and check their content even with the computer screen locked.
To offer more stability to its users, the Liniux Deepin 20 also comes with an option to be able to install two different Kernels. This way, your users can choose the version that best suits their hardware instead of having to install a different distribution.
The program’s application manager also has a new feature that promises to make life easier for users when updating a program. Now, in addition to being able to update your apps with just one click, it is possible to filter what is installed on your system by categories.
In addition to the news listed above, Deepin has also improved some of its tools such as device manager and screen capture, which allows you to record your PC screen more conveniently.
How to install Linux Deepin 20
The installation process of Linux Deepin 20 is very simple to do, and it is recommended to use a USB stick to be able to boot it for the first time. In addition, it is worth noting, unfortunately, that Linux Deepin cannot be run in the “Live” way, that is, it is necessary to do its installation to test it. Check out:
1. Access this page from the Linux Deepin website and download your image. Here, we recommend using the Google Drive method or via torrent for better download speeds;
2. With the help of a program like Rufus , place the Linux Deepin 20 image on a pendrive of at least 4 GB. The pendrive will be formatted in the process;
3. Now, restart the computer and press the Del or F2 key to leave the flash drive as the primary boot drive. Depending on your PC manufacturer, the key used for this process may be different;
4. Select the option “Install Deepin 20 with kernel 5.4 desktop”;
5. Wait for the installation process to load. This step may take a few minutes depending on the speed of your computer;
7. Select the disk on which Linux Deepin will be installed and click “Next”. In this step, if you want to change partitions, you must use the “Advanced” option. Here, it is also worth noting, it is in “Advanced” where you can dual boot Linux Deepin with another system, however, the process is a little more manual than we usually see in other distributions;
8. On the new screen, confirm that everything is correct and then click on “Continue”;
9. Wait for the installation to complete. The time for this process varies depending on the speed of your PC, HD and SSD;
10. Now, remove the pendrive from the PC and click on “Reboot now”. At this point, it may be necessary, again, to access the computer’s BIOS and change the boot order in some cases;
11. After the PC has restarted, choose the layout of your keyboard;
12. Select the location corresponding to your time zone;
13. Create your user for the system;
14. If necessary, change your network settings;
15. Wait for Linux Deepin to finish the remaining settings.
After you have installed Linux Deepin, of course, you may want to leave it in Portuguese for added convenience. To do this, follow this step by step:
1. After you have logged in, click on the gear icon to access the system settings;
2. Click on “Keyboard and Language”;
3. Go to “System Language” and click on the “+” icon;
4. Select “Brazilian Portuguese” and click “Add”;
5. Now, select “Brazilian Portuguese” from the list and restart your computer.
Ready! Now, you already know the main news of Linux Deepin 20 and how to install it.