Welcome again! If you are one of those users who spend hours and hours watching multimedia content on the Chromebook, then this post may be to your liking. Since we will talk about how to install Kodi on Chromebook. And this is excellent to know as it is one of the best Android operating systems for playing multimedia videos.
Later we will show you a small guide with two methods that work to be able to download the latest version of Kodi on your Chromebook PC in a few minutes. At the end of reading this post you can choose between any of the methods, since both work perfectly.
Steps to install Kodi using the Google Play Store
In this section, you will learn step by step the entire process that must be completed to download and install the Kodi application through the Google Play Store . At once we anticipate that it is a very simple procedure, which you can complete in a few minutes. Let’s get to it!
- To begin, you must open the Google Play Store directly on your Chromebook. For your information, it is important to update Chromebook to the latest OS version to fully enjoy the functions it brings.
- Then head to the top of the screen to find the search engine. Here you have to type the name of the Kodi app and then press “Search”. You can even perform this search by voice command.
- In the list of results that you will see below, you must select the app that has the name “Kodi” which was developed by the XMBC Foundation. In this step you must be very careful, since there are apps with similar names that do not correspond to the official version of the Kodi app .
- Afterwards, you must select the “Install” option and wait for the download and installation process to finish, which should not take more than 5 minutes.
- Ready! In this way you will have successfully installed the official Kodi app on your Chromebook device.
By having the Kodi app installed, you can even watch DTT channels on the internet live from your PC . Quite a practical function if you want to watch your favorite channel.
How to install the Kodi app using the Arc Welder extension?
Next, we will show you another method so that you can install Kodi on a Chromebook in a few minutes . At first it will seem to you that it is a quite complex process, compared to the one we explained previously. However, it is worth a try, as it is highly effective.Keep reading!
- First of all, you must go to the Chrome Store Web to download the Arc Welder extension on your Chromebook device.
- Later you have to enter the official Kodi portal to download the version compatible with the Android operating system.
- On the official page of the app you can download the 32-bit and 64-bit versions, which completely depend on the version of the operating system that your Chromebook has. In case you have questions, open the Chrome search bar and type “chrome: // help” to check if you have a 32-bit or 64-bit operating system.
- So, if you have the 32-bit version you have to download the file called ARMV7A. On the other hand, if you have a 64-bit operating system, proceed to download the ARMV8A.
- When the download is finished, you have to first open the Arc Welder extension, which has a very simple interface.
- In the main window of this extension, you have to click on the “+” symbol.
- Then, find the file that you downloaded from the official page of the Kodi app and proceed to open it.
- In this way, Arc Welder will take a few minutes to process the application and at the end we will be able to see the Kodi preview. At this point we will have the Kodi player installed correctly on our Chromebook device.
- Finally, you have to click “Test” for the Kodi player to run in full screen. We must also remember that this first time, the player will be a little slow, but we assure you that for the next times you use it it will be a little more fluid.
That’s all for today! We hope you can install Kodi on Chromebook with these helpful tips. Never forget to download the updates from the Kodi box to the latest version. If you have any recommendations, be sure to write them down in the comment box, as we are very interested in your opinion about this topic. See you in the next post!