In this guide you will find the entire process to install Google Play on Windows 11. We will tell you step by step.
One of the novelties of Windows 11 with respect to the previous version is the possibility of installing Android applications. Does that mean Google Play can be installed on Windows 11 ? Technically yes, although not officially. Therefore, we have prepared this tutorial to guide you through the entire process and help you include the Google application store on your Windows 11 computer.
Index of contents
- How to install Google Play on Windows 11: all the steps
- First of all, uninstall the Android subsystem, if you have installed it before
- Download WSL2 on Windows 11
- Install 7-Zip on your computer
- Download the Android subsystem for Windows 11
- Download the GApps
- Download the WSAGAScript script and ADBKit
- Create the necessary directories on drive C
- Copy and extract the necessary files
- Adjusting the content of Google Apps
- Setting up ADBKit
- Copy the image files
- Modify the Windows 11 Android subsystem to install the Play Store
- Installing the modified WSA
- Finishing the installation of Google Play Store in Windows 11
How to install Google Play on Windows 11: all the steps
In the following sections you will find all the commands, files and applications that you must use to install Google Play in Windows 11 .
First of all, uninstall the Android subsystem, if you have installed it before
If you already have the Android subsystem installed on your computer, you must uninstall it before starting. Actually, this is necessary because we will install a modified version of it later. To remove the subsystem for Android from Windows follow these steps:
- Open Windows settings.
- Open Applications.
- In Apps & Features,uninstall the Amazon Appstore.
Once this is done, WSA will have been removed from your computer.
Download WSL2 on Windows 11
It is time to install the Windows 11 Linux subsystem.
Follow these steps to do it:
- Open the Windows terminal. Make sure to run it as an administrator.
- Type the command wsl –install.
- Restart your computer to finish the installation.
When the computer has started again, open the Windows settings, go to Privacy and security and click on For developers . There you enable the option Install applications from any source, including individual files .
Install 7-Zip on your computer
7-Zip is a famous compressed folder manager. Thanks to its simple interface, it will be very useful during this process. So, go to the app store and locate this tool. You can also download it from its official website.
When 7-Zip has been installed, jump to the next steps.
Download the Android subsystem for Windows 11
The time has come to download the necessary files. We’ll start with WSA, or Windows 11 Android Subsystem.
You have to do it as follows:
- Access rg.adguard .
- Select the Productidoption in the first drop-down.
- Enter the code 9P3395VX91NRin the text field.
- Choose Slowfrom the right dropdown.
- Click the Okbutton .
- In the file listing, locate the following package WindowsSubsystemForAndroid_1.7.32815.0_neutral_ ~ _8wekyb3d8bbwe.msixbundle. In our case, it was the last available.
Wait for the download to finish.
Download the GApps
We continue to download files that we will need later. Open the official OpenGApps page and make the selection you see in the following screenshot.
Then, click on the download button to get the file with the Google Apps.
Download the WSAGAScript script and ADBKit
All of the above done, go to the WSAGAScript GitHub page . Then, click on Code and select Download ZIP .
Save the ZIP file in your download folder.
Additionally, you must download ABDKit. This is available at the following Mediafire link .
Again, save it to your downloads folder.
Create the necessary directories on drive C
Go to the C drive on your computer and create the following directories:
The appearance of the unit should look like this:
Copy and extract the necessary files
We have everything ready to create a custom version of the subsystem for Android with Google applications. Open 7-Zip and follow these instructions.
- Use the 7-Zip file explorer and navigate to the download folder where you have stored all the files we mentioned above.
- Open the WindowsSubsystemForAndroid_1.7.32815.0_neutral_ ~ _8wekyb3d8bbwe.msixbundlefile with a double click.
- Inside this file you will see another one called 7.32815.0_x64_Release-Nightly.msix. Double click on it. The content inside is the one you see in the following image:
- Select all the files using Control + Aand extract them into the C: \ WindowsSubsystemAndroid \ folder that you created earlier.
- Using 7-Zip’s own browser, go to the C: \ WindowsSubsystemAndroid \folder, select the AppxMetadata folder and the xml, AppxSignature.p7x, Content_Type.xml files . Then click on Delete to delete them.
Adjusting the content of Google Apps
Without exiting 7-Zip, use your browser to get back to the download folder. There, do the following:
- Open the WSAGAScript-main.zipfile .
- Go into the WSAGAScript-mainfolder .
- Select all files with Control + Aand use the Copy button to make a copy to C: \ GAppsWSA \
- Then go back to the download folder and this time open the file open_gapps-x86_64-11.0-pico-xxxxxxxx.zip .
- Press the Copybutton and take the files to the path C: \ GAppsWSA \ #GAPPS \
Setting up ADBKit
Then do something similar with ADBKit by following these steps:
- Open the zipfile with 7-Zip.
- Inside you will see three files. Select them and copy them with the Copybutton in the path C: \ ADBKit \
Copy the image files
We put 7-Zip aside for this part of the process. Now you must open the file explorer, open the path C: \ WindowsSubsystemAndroid \ and select the following files:
Use Control + C to copy them or the context menu command. Next, navigate to C: \ GAppsWSA \ #IMAGES and paste the files you have copied there.
Modify the Windows 11 Android subsystem to install the Play Store
To continue, open Ubuntu from the start menu, which will have already been installed in the first step of this tutorial, and execute the following commands in the order indicated:
- sudo su
- cd / mnt / c / GAppsWSA
- sudo apt-get update
- sudo apt-get install unzip lzip
- sudo apt-get install dos2unix
- dos2unix ./apply.sh
- dos2unix ./extend_and_mount_images.sh
- dos2unix ./extract_gapps_pico.sh
- dos2unix ./unmount_images.sh
- dos2unix ./VARIABLES.sh
Once run, launch the file explorer and go to the C: \ GAppsWSA \ #IMAGES folder . There select the following files:
Copy and paste them into C: \ WindowsSubsystemAndroid . In the pop-up dialog, indicate that you want to replace the files.
Now go to C: \ GAppsWSA \ misc . There select and copy the kernel file .
Go to C: \ WindowsSubsystemAndroid \ Tools and rename the kernel file you will see. Use something like kernel_bak . Then, paste the kernel file that you have copied from the above directory.
Installing the modified WSA
With all the steps we have mentioned, you will already have a version of the modified Windows 11 Android subsystem. With it, you will be ready to install Google Play Store on Windows 11 .
Open a Windows PowerShell window as administrator and run the following command:
- Add-AppxPackage -Register C: \ WindowsSubsystemAndroid \ AppxManifest.xml
Now, run the Windows Subsystem for Android from the start menu. Activate Developer mode and click the Manage developer settings link .
Uncheck the box that you will see in the pop-up window and click Continue .
Finishing the installation of Google Play Store in Windows 11
Now Android is already working on Windows, so it is possible to connect to it using ADB. Open a command prompt (CMD) and run the following commands:
- exe connect 127.0.0.1:58526
- exe shell
- setenforce 0
Finally, run to the start menu to check that the Play Store has been installed. If you use search, don’t use the word “Google.” The store is simply called the Play Store.
Finally, log in with a Google account and install any application. All of them are automatically added to the start menu.