The web design is again very important as technological tools that allow diffusion of different types of content are developed: videos, writings, products, services, among many other things. Throughout this article, you will learn how to install and use WordPress locally with MAMP.
The tools to carry out web projects have been available to anyone for several years, which is why you do not need to be a true expert in web platform design .
WordPress, an ideal tool
Among so many tools that you can find when researching online, surely many (if not all) will name WordPress. It is a tool launched in 2003 that, today, has become the favorite system for the layout and design of web platforms .
MAMP, an element that you cannot miss
For you and for all those interested in creating local servers, MAMP is an absolutely extraordinary application to fulfill this objective. This tool is found for the two most used operating systems in the world: Windows and Mac OS, so there is no excuse for not getting the most out of your web platform .
Why use it?
This application is the ideal complement that will help you to carry out unlimited tests of absolutely all the functions that are available for WordPress: templates, plugins, buttons and many more elements, also having the possibility of undoing them without any problem. .
This is precisely because the objective of MAMP is to use your computer as a server through which WordPress will run and you will be able to modify all the elements related to your website without these having immediate (or unwanted) effects on the design of the platform.
Easy installation, practical use
MAMP is the compound of a series of software that will allow you to have the necessary tools to install the local server and develop a web page that everyone likes. To do this, you must ensure that your Mac meets all the requirements for this application to work perfectly, among which are:
- 64-bit operating system.
- 2 GB of space available for application installation.
- Have administrator rights.
- Compatible operating system (OS X or Windows 7 to 10).
- 1 GB of RAM.
- Windows users must install .NET Framework 4.0.
Once you have downloaded MAMP from the official website and have completed the installation process, which, it is worth noting, is not complicated at all, it is important to emphasize that the application will not run automatically , so you will have to look for it to it.
It is worth noting that, within the installation package, in the case of Windows, there is the option to install MAMP Pro with a 14-day trial version, while for Mac users, this trial version is included automatically .
Now is the time to go to the official WordPress page to download this system with its respective installation, which can be a bit complicated to link with MAMP, however, here you will get the simplest possible explanation:
- Go to the MAMP installation path .
- Include the WordPress installation folder in MAMP’s ” htdocs ” directory .
- Start MAMP.
- Create a database by entering the following in your browser:
- http: // localhost: 8888 / phpMyAdmin / (For Mac users).
- http: // localhost / phpMyAdmin / (For Windows users).
- Click on ” New “.
- Give your database a name.
- Add users through the ” Privileges ” tab .
- Assign the name of the user.
- Select ” Local ” in the option corresponding to the server.
- Click on ” Generate .”
- Finish with the WordPress installation by entering the following link in your browser:
- http: // localhost: 8888 / development-wordpress / (Mac users).
- http: // localhost / development-wordpress / (Windows users).
- Enter the required data and click ” Submit .”
- Run the installation.
This is all friends!
In this way, you will have already managed to install WordPress locally using MAMP, and testing the incredible functions and advantages that this program offers you for the development and design of your website without limitations. What are you waiting to try it?