In the world of smartphones, generally in order to download and install applications we must use another application, which in the case of Android is Google Play . But, what if we want to have an app on our mobile that is not found on Google Play? There is a way to do it, of course, risking a little depending on where it comes from.
In this article we will teach you how to install and open an APK file on your Android or PC without the need to go through Google Play . In the same way, we will give you some tips so that you can get the most out of your mobile when installing applications.
- How to install and open an APK file on my Android?
- What to do if it doesn’t allow me to install the APK file?
- How to install an APK file with the help of Google Play?
- Always make sure the reliability of the APK
How to install and open an APK file on my Android?
First of all, we must know what an APK file is and how to open it . After that, installing is simple , just having to follow the steps that we will indicate below:
- To begin, we must have downloaded the file with the APK extension. We can do this through several pages found on the internet. The important thing is to make sure that the file we download is trustworthyso that it does not contain viruses or malware.
- After that, we will have to have the APK file on the mobile’s SD card so that we can get to it.
- Next, we will click on the APK file.
- The Android system will show us a window that will ask us “Do you want to install this application?” where we will confirm by clicking “Install”.
- We hope the installation process is complete, and voila! We will have installed the APK and we will be able to open the application without problems.
Carrying out this process is very simple, you only have to have the APK file on your mobile to install it. However, it may be the case that the system does not allow us to do this . If that’s your case, keep reading.
What to do if it doesn’t allow me to install the APK file?
Mainly this is because you have not given the system permission to install unknown applications . This process is done quickly, you just have to follow the following steps:
- First you will enter “Settings”.
- Then you will go to “Applications and notifications”.
- Once there, you will go down and click on the advanced options.
- Next, you will select “Special access”.
- Likewise, you will click on “Install unknown applications”.
- At this point you will see a list of applications to which you can grant this permission. However, to download and install APK you must give “Chrome”permission . We will click on its icon.
- There we will have to activate the button that says “Allow from this origin”. We can read a warning from the Android system. And ready!
That way, you can easily install any APK you want without the Android system preventing you. This whole process is to be able to install applications that are not available in the Google Play Store. Here we show you how you can install APKs with the help of Google Play.
How to install an APK file with the help of Google Play?
In the Google Play Store we can find specialized apps to help us install APKs. One of them is the APK installer which facilitates this process through its interface, only having the APK file to install in the mobile’s SD memory.
On the other hand, in order to download the APK installer or any other app that helps us install files with an APK extension, it is important to access our Google Play account .
If in your case you do not use Google Play Store because you do not remember its account or password, you can easily recover it . In this way, you will be able to keep all the apps you have installed up to date as well as being able to be sure that you will not install any malware on your smartphone .
Among other things, you can also download and install applications in their beta version on Google Play . That way you can be part of the feedback with the developers to improve the relevant aspects of the app in question.
Always make sure the reliability of the APK
It is very important that before installing any APK file you are sure of its origin so that by doing so, you do not risk your mobile or the information you have on it . I hope this information is helpful, until next time!