Today there are many methods with GPS to help us recover our stolen devices, but today we will talk specifically about Coban Tracker tk103 locators, both information and what is it? Even how to install and configure it? It really is not that complicated, you just have to pay a little attention in each of the steps.
What is GPS TRACKER TK103?
This is a portable satellite positioning system , which does not allow to have different functions of security, positioning, surveillance control, emergency alarms and a complete monitoring of the same.
This new product really has a small and compact size, which really makes it easy to use and handle. Basically for car care and tracking, which is ideal if you have an Amazon flex job title .
In addition, in this product there is compatibility with the SMS / gprs / data transmission options on the internet , so that in this way the follow-ups made are really correct.
Steps to install it in your vehicle.
To be able to install or connect this equipment in any car it is necessary that you follow the following steps to the letter.
Installations in the electrical system of your car
Yes, as the title says, to be able to use this equipment it is necessary that it be connected to the electrical network of the car, and to achieve this you must do the following:
- The first thing you should do is insert the wiring harness with each of the assigned connections correctly.
- Now the cable that has a red color must be connected to the motor assignment, and the yellow cable must be connected to the other end that has been completely alone.
- In this way, the feed stream of the automobile fuel pump has already been identified. In the harness there are some cables that are red and black, they are the cables dedicated to powering the car.
- This red wire needs to be connected directly to the positive of your car , while the black wire must be connected directly to the negative wire of your car.
- On the other hand, the cables dedicated to the SOS button or panic button must be installed directly in the equipment.
- Now you must connect the blue cable, in order to have a negative door opening connection, while the green cable is for a positive door opening connection.
- In this way, when you open any door of your car, the alarm siren will be activated.
- Now the white cable must be connected to the one of the Switchera, while the orange cable must be connected to the positive of the siren.
SIM card installation
When purchasing a SIM card for these cases, it is necessary to make sure that it can view calls and also that it does not have a pin code . Now the SMS must be in TXT format, as it unfortunately cannot recognize PDUs.
Now you just have to press the button to extract the tray and insert the SIM card into it, once this is done, just press on it carefully to place it.
You must connect the red and black wires of 12 Vts or 24 Vts, with the power system of the car. Then it is enough to turn on the equipment in the on / off switch. Where a red led will turn on, it will blink and then it will stay on.
You must send the message «begin + password» to the unit and it will give you the answer «begin ok» in this way, all the configurations of the equipment are activated. The password that commonly comes by default on these computers is 123456
As an example, you must send the SMS in the following way “begin123456”, as you will see the plus sign is not included and you must not include the quotation marks.
To modify this password you must send «password + old password + space + new password», a clear example of this would be «password123456 666666» and in response to this message you will receive «password ok» indicated, everything went well. If you have any other questions, you can visit the official manual .