The integration of the different programs of the Microsoft Office suite is a great advantage that everyone should know how to take advantage of to have better document presentations. And it is possible to add graphs or tables made in Excel to a Word document , so that the information or the format is not lost, we can even modify it without altering the original.
In this article we will teach you how to insert an Excel chart and table into Word without losing the formatting . The process is very simple, having to follow a few steps. On the other hand, we will also explain how you can modify Excel objects in Word without losing the applied format.
- How to insert Excel chart and table in Word?
- How can I edit an Excel chart or table in Word?
- How do I change the data in a chart or table in Word?
How to insert Excel chart and table in Word?
Before considering inserting a chart, we must have it created . You can make advanced charts in Excel for any purpose you want. Just as we must have the table that we want to insert into the Word document. Likewise, we must have the file where we are going to place the graph or table. Just follow these steps to get it done quickly:
- First, we will go to the Excel file and select the chart or table that we want to insert into the Word document.
- We will have to copy it. We can do this by pressing Ctrl + Cor by right-clicking on the graph or table and selecting “Copy” from the drop-down menu.
- Next, we will go to the Word document, specifically to the part where we want to place the graph or table. We will have to place the pointer in this place.
- Then we will paste the table or graph. For this we will go to the “Home”tab , where we will display the “Paste” options to select “Paste Special” .
- A pop-up window will appear where we will click on the “Paste link”option .
- Then we will have to select the option “Microsoft Office graphic object”.
- We press “Accept”, and that’s it! The chart or table will be inserted in the Word document.
If you still have questions, you can check the Microsoft Office support page where you will find more detailed information on how to do this. There you will also find how to modify the different objects that you can insert . Next we will show you in a summarized way how you can do this.
How can I edit an Excel chart or table in Word?
If, for example, you have made a climograph in Excel of your hometown and need to insert both a graph and a table in a Word document, you already know how to do it. However, when doing any editing you should know that you can only change the data of the graph and table directly in Excel .
Move and resize
If we right-click on the graph or table, a menu of actions that we can perform will be displayed. In the design options we can select “In front of the text” so that in this way the graphic or table can move freely through the document.
On the other hand, to modify the size we will only have to expand or reduce it using the grips that come out around it. In this way we can adapt the graphic to the space we have allocated for it.
When you select the chart or table, the “Format” tab of the toolbar is enabled. There we can use all the graphics tools that will allow us to change the design and also the format. Change the color of the borders, the lines of the graph, the font style, add titles, legends, among others.
It should be noted that any modification that we make to the table or graphic inserted in Word in terms of design and format, will only affect this but not the original in Excel . That way we will not lose the format created first in Excel. The same applies in the opposite direction. You can always change or modify the type of design or style of your graphics in Word .
How do I change the data in a chart or table in Word?
In this case, to modify the data in Word we will have to do it directly in the Excel document and then press “Save” . The changed values will automatically be applied to the Word document. It is possible to modify the data without having the Excel file open, by selecting the chart and clicking on “Modify data” which is in the “Design” tab of the toolbar.
I hope this information will be of great help to you, don’t forget to share, see you next time!