As parents, we must know the overall development of the child, so the importance of parenting in early childhood must be done. one that we must also learn is to know how children’s motor development is. We need to know that the mastery of this child’s motor skills will make the child more free to move, where this motor development must be learned at pre-school age, for example by teaching fine motor skills and also the use of gross motor skills, so that this will make it easier for children. to do their daily activities.
Actually what is a child’s motor development? The development of motor perception is an ability that children can do by relying on all their limbs, there are several things that are included in the child’s motor development, including when the child opens the door, is standing, makes a jump, catches something, kicks a ball, rides a bicycle and also various other activities. This child’s motoric development must be considered by parents, because it will greatly help with their daily activities and work. For example, when the child uses pants, clothes and also climbs the mattress and it can also be when climbing into the car.
By practicing various fine and gross motoric skills in children, it will further increase the child’s independence, so that children can not only rely on their parents to do things that they can do on their own. In this case, practicing motor development requires patience from parents, with a combination of coordination of the eyes, hands and also the use of fine motor skills can make children do more exploration better, even by developing motoric children this will make it more creative and also easier to improve intellectual. in children, one of which can also be done by encouraging children to be able to coordinate motor skills in the form of hands and eyes.
Children’s Motor Development Stages
As parents, we need to pay attention that a child’s development will experience a phase where the child has different developments, the presence of various gross and fine motor skills can make it easier for children to carry out their daily activities. In gross motor development, this group of muscles will move more easily and also have the ability to carry out various activities. One of them is an activity when the child is writing. Where writing really requires good control, including the fingers used and also control of the hand itself, so it will be much more complex.
For the stages of psychological development in infants and gross motor skills, it can also be started with the upper body, then the lower body and will also make the child slowly learn how to raise the head, raise the arms and also the body. Other motor coordination that can be done is by lifting the knee, walking and also the last is by moving the leg. Actually, the psychological influence of breastfeeding mothers on their babies is very strong, therefore this needs to be considered.
Age-Appropriate Motor Development
- At 1 to 3 months of age the child begins to raise its head, then the stomach, usually walking for up to 10 minutes.
- At the age of 4 to 5 months the child can begin to roll over and also do the supine and prone positions.
- At the age of 5 to 6 months the child begins to roll over and also does the prone position perfectly.
- At the age of 5 months the child begins to learn to sit slowly and is also assisted by a back support.
- By the age of 6 to 7 months the child is able to sit up straight and without assistance.
- At the age of 8 to 9 months the child begins to crawl on the stomach.
- At the age of 9 to 10 months the child is able to crawl and start using his knees.
- At the age of 10 months the child can start to stand slowly and also creep up on the wall holding hands.
- At the age of 12 to 15 months the child begins to walk well.
Motor development of children between 1 and 2 years of age.
- At the age of 14 to 15 months the child is able to crawl and is slowly climbing stairs.
- At the age of 15 to 16 months the child is able to go up and down stairs by themselves.
- By the age of 18 months the child is able to walk backwards.
- At the age of 18 to 20 months the child is able to go down stairs and also hold on with one hand.
- At the age of 18 to 24 months the child can start running.
- At the age of 21 to 22 months the child begins to walk sideways.
- At the age of 23 to 24 months the child is able to go up and down stairs with both feet.
- At the age of 19 to 24 months the child can start kicking a ball.
- At the age of 19 to 24 months the child has started to maintain his balance.
For the fine motoric development of children, you can do various ways at home, usually this method can even be done by mothers for the child’s pre-school year. Some techniques that can be done:
1. Clapping the hands.
2. Pasting something using paper.
3. Close and unbutton.
4. Raising and lowering the zipper.
5. Using crayons and also coloring and drawing activities.
6. Scissors in a simple way using plastic scissors for children.
Actually the best way that can be done so that children’s motor skills are better trained is to provide various equipment that is suitable for the child’s age and imagination, for example providing games with the right education, one of which is coloring using crayons, markers and also teaching how to cut, glue an image and also provides tools for coloring, drawing and playing puzzles and musical instruments. Another way that parents can do is by teaching children various kinds of games that can process the child’s mental and physical condition, so that their gross and fine motor development can begin to be coordinated. Among them are ways that can be done
- Inviting Children to Play Ball
This method is usually done at the age of the child starting from 1 year, invite the child to play when and push gradually, so that later the child will start to kick themselves.
• Teaching Children to Sit
This method can usually be taught at the age of children entering the age of 6 months, where mothers can teach children to sit slowly which will make their muscles stronger.
• Maze Activities
Make a variety of simple mazes at home, can be with cardboard or pillows, invite children to play mazes. Usually this activity is carried out at the age of the child who is starting to crawl on their own.
Mother can do another way, but also adjust it to the child’s age, so that the child will find it much easier to train fine and gross motor skills later. Also know the psychological factors in human behavior.