A little further down, we are going to see how to import and export MySQL database from phpMyAdmin in WordPress , it is too simple a process that may not take you more than a few minutes.
When we have a blog, it is very important that we know how to create a backup of our database. That, in a few words, would become the “soul” of our blog. Without the database all entries, comments, settings, etc. Everything would be lost in case something happens.
For this reason, it is extremely important that you know how to create a backup . In addition, they serve to be able to export to a new hosting in case you have to move. For this reason, we are going to teach you how to import and export a WordPress database from phpMyAdmin .
It is a quick process that shouldn’t take you more than a few minutes, it is very simple and you can quickly move your hosting without any kind of data loss. Which is one of the things we fear the most when we are going to run a website.
Pay close attention to each step of the following tutorials and quickly open your website alone without the need for anyone’s help, not even your hosting.
How to export a MySQL database
When we are going to move to a new hosting, what we must do is transfer our websites from one to the other. For this, what we will have to do is a backup of our database.
Luckily, doing this is not complicated at all and in the next tutorial we will see how to save our database and then how to upload it to the new hosting, it is too simple a process that we can do quickly.
- The first thing we should do is enter our Cpanel. This can generally be done from the administration panel of your hosting account. Likewise, if you have the access data that your hosting sent you when hiring them, you should have access.
- After this we are going to select the option that says ” phpMyAdmin “. A new window will open.
- In this new window, that may seem complicated, but it really is not. We are going to select the database of our blog or website from the left sidebar.
- Now we will have to click on ” Export ” and then select ” Quick ” and click on ” Continue “.
How to import a MySQL database
- We already have our database , here are all the most important data of our blog: comments, entries, settings, etc.
- What we will do is go to the new hosting and from the cPanel, create a new user and database. This is pretty easy to do.
- Once we have created the user and the database, what we will do is enter “phpMyAdmin” again and select the database that we previously created.
- Here we will have to click on ” Import “. We are going to select the file that we previously downloaded from the previous server and simply upload it.
- We wait for the process to finish, it is generally quick. Although if your database is large, it may take a while.
In this simple way you can import and export a database in cPanel to move hosting in a simple way. It is highly recommended that you create weekly backups, even if you do not move accommodation, for security reasons.
Remember that if you have any kind of doubt about it, you can leave it in the comment box a little below and we will be happy to help you in everything that is necessary.