In today’s article we are going to see how to hide my PC’s system recovery partition in Windows 10 in a fairly simple way in very few steps.
A copy of the operating system that is installed on the computer with factory settings is stored in the recovery partition. This is to make it simpler to retrieve it in case something happens. The problem is that the partition cannot be entered.
In turn, when we enter ” My Computer ” for example, we have to see said partition taking up space. Do you want to know how you can hide it? It is not complicated at all. Even if you decide to delete it , nothing happens. But let’s go step by step, first we will see how to hide it without removing anything from it.
Hide system recovery partition in Windows 10
- The first thing we are going to have to do is open the ” Disk Management ” this can be done by right clicking on the ” Start ” button and then among all the options that appear we must click right on the option mentioned above.
- A new window opens where we will be able to see all the partitions and disks that we currently have on our computer.
- What we are going to do is locate the partition that we want to hide and right-click it.
- Next, you will have to click on the option ” Change the drive letter and paths “
- In this new window we will have to select the letter that we have assigned to it and then we will have to press ” Remove “. Then we are going to give it ” OK “.
- A Windows message will appear informing us that if we delete the letter in question, it will be inaccessible. After confirming this, said recovery partition will visually disappear from Windows.
- Likewise, do not worry because it does not affect Windows performance at all, since this partition continues to appear and from this section you can view it as many times as you want.
How to hide recovery partition in Windows 10
Even if you want it to be visible again, you can do it by repeating all the steps we did previously. The only thing that changes is that instead of removing the drive letter, all we have to do is give it a new letter .
For this you will have to click on ” Add ” and give a new letter to said partition and that’s it. You will be visible as always. No data will be lost at any point in the process. If you decide to add the partition again to make it visible, it will do so with the data it previously contained because it is never removed from our computer.
How to delete a recovery partition completely
You must bear in mind that this is not recommended at all, not only for a matter of equipment warranty. If not, also because if something happens with the operating system you will have to do a zero installation, sometimes losing all the personal files that you have on your computer .
But, in case you want to take advantage of the space that this partition occupies. What you will have to do is use an app like Easeus Partition Master with which you will be able to extend the space assigned to one of the partitions with the space that you freed up by deleting the letter of the recovery partition.
We repeat that it is not recommended, since if something happens with the operating system, you will not have a recovery partition for it and you will have to format. However, if you do not have any kind of problem with this and you want to take advantage of the space on that partition, you will not suffer any kind of problem on your computer for doing it.