- 1Where is the photo archive
- 2How to recover an archived photo
- 3On a computer
Today we will figure out how to return an archived photo to Instagram using the two most popular mobile OCs. The photo archiving function introduced by the Instagram developers was warmly received by users of the social network. This made it possible to work more flexibly with the feed of publications and, at the request of the user, return old pictures to the feed in just a couple of clicks.
Where is the photo archive
The function of archiving publications has appeared recently, the positive reaction of users was caused by the possibility of adding “Stories” there. That will allow you to save important moments of life, captured not only in the photo, but also in short memorable videos. To go to the desired section, use a small instruction:
- After launching the application, open the profile menu. To do this, tap on the person’s silhouette icon on the bottom right panel.
- While in the profile section, click the ” Burger” icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
- A pop-up menu will appear, where you will need to click on the ” Archive” item with the dial icon.
- This will open a menu containing all publications that were previously added to the archive.
- By clicking on the ” Publication archive” a submenu will open with a choice of publications and stories. Each button leads to the corresponding archive type.
How to recover an archived photo
The recovery algorithm differs slightly depending on the choice of the mobile operating system. Let’s consider each of them:
- Open the application and go to the personal profile section. To do this, click on the person icon on the right side of the screen.
- Notice the three horizontal bars in the corner of the screen.
- A drop-down menu will open, where you will need to select the ” Archive” item .
- By default, the list from the publication is launched. To restore, tap on the required file.
- The selected photo will open, now click on the 3 vertical dots in the right corner (see screenshot).
- It remains to select ” Show in profile” and the post will be automatically displayed in the feed.
Apple devices have a separate button leading to the archived records section.
- By tapping on the person’s icon, go to your personal profile.
- Here, pay attention to the watch face icon with an arrow in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Opening the archive menu, simply select the previously added publication here.
- Click on 3 dots to the right.
- It remains to tap on ” Show in profile” and the publication will return to your personal feed.
Please note that the recovered files save the date and time of publication, respectively, in the profile, they are returned exactly to the place where they were posted at the time of publication, preserving the chronological order.
On the computer
All previously archived photos are stored on special Instagram servers, but it is possible to return access to them only from mobile platforms running IOS or Android, personal computers are not included in this list. The only option in this case is to download and install the emulator program. This tutorial will use the Blue Stacks emulator.
- Download the program from the link below. Log in with your username and password.
- Launch the Play Market through Blue Stacks and install
- We tap on the person icon on the right side of the screen.
- Open the drop-down menu, for this we tap on 3 horizontal stripes.
- In the window that appears, select ” archive“.
- A list of all previously added publications will open. Select the appropriate one and click on it.
- Opening the photo, notice the 3 vertical dots. Click on them.
- It remains to click on ” Return to profile“.
Now you know how to return an archived photo to Instagram. Unzipped photos are returned to the profile without loss of image quality. This method is great for storing photos with future plans to republish them. It turns out a kind of retro-perspective with the preservation of likes and comments on the posted post.