In our electronic devices we store all kinds of personal information that we keep secret for security reasons. So if you are thinking of changing your iPad, selling it, recycling it or giving it away, it is important that you back up and later erase your important data.
Next, we explain what you can do to protect this information , quickly and easily without taking a long time.
- What should you do before selling your iPad Pro?
- Transfer your information
- Delete personal information
- How can I unlink a device from my iCloud account
- How to sign out of iCloud on your iPad
- Procedure to format your iPad
- What do I do if my device does not allow me to format my information?
- What should we take into account if we buy an iOS device from third parties?
What should you do before selling your iPad Pro?
Before selling or exchanging your iPad Pro, we advise you to transfer your information to the new iOS device that you have purchased and then delete it from the one you plan to dispose of. Follow these steps to get it right:
Transfer your information
In this case, the quick start allows you to easily transfer the information from your iPad to another iOS device, in the case of using iOS 11 or later devices. You have to follow these steps:
- You will have to place the new device near the one you are going to format: and wait for its screen to show you the quick start option (Bluetooth must be activated for this to happen) and you can configure it with your Apple ID.
- A few seconds after pressing Continue: an animation will appear on the screen of the new device. With the device that has information, you must center it and wait for the option to Finish on the new one to appear.
- The new device will ask you to enter the password for the current one: from there you will have to follow the instructions to configure the new device with Face ID or Touch ID.
- Finally , you will be asked for your Apple ID keyand the codes of all the devices that you have linked.
For iOS 10 or earlier, you can transfer the data using iCloud, iTunes, or the Finder. Here’s how to do it.
Before transferring your data using iCloud, it is essential that you make sure that the new device is not configured . If not, go to factory reset and then do the following:
- Find the Wi-Fi screenand connect to a network. After following the steps that will appear below, you will find the Apps and data screen. You will have to select the option to Restore iCloud backup.
- You will need to sign in to iCloud with your Apple IDand password. Select your most recent backup when prompted.
- If you have previously used more than one Apple ID, you will be prompted to sign in to each one. In case you can’t remember each password, you can skip this step with the option Don’t have Apple ID or forgot it?
- You must maintain the connection until the restoration process is complete,so that your items stored in iCloud are automatically downloaded to your new device, stay connected to the Wi-Fi network at all times.
To back up from iTunes or Finder, the first two steps are basically the same, but instead of selecting Restore iCloud Backup, you need to press Restore from Mac to PC . From there, you need to connect the new device to your computer.
It must be the same one that you used to back up the previous device . Then, you open iTunes or a Finder window on your computer and select the new device.
Finally, you select the last backup you made and, in case you want to restore an encrypted backup, it will ask you for the password.
Delete personal information
Once your backup is done, delete the information you have on the old device . You may need to go through multiple steps:
If you paired an Apple Watch to your iPhone, you must unpair it. Back up the device (you may need it at another time). You must sign out of iCloud, iTunes, and the App Store (make sure you remember your passwords).
If you’re using iOS 10.3 or later , tap Settings> [your name] . Scroll down and tap Sign out. Enter your Apple ID password and tap Deactivate.
If you’re using iOS 10.2 or earlier , tap Settings> iCloud> Sign out. Tap Sign out again and tap Remove from me [device] and enter your Apple ID and password. Then go to Settings> iTunes and App Store> Apple ID> Sign out.
- If you’re switching to a non-Apple device, unregister from iMessage. Go to Settings and select General> Reset> Erase content and settings.
- If you enabled Find my [device], you may beasked for your password, your Apple ID and password to erase it. If the device uses e-SIM, you will have to delete the device and your e-SIM profile when requested.
- In case it asks for the device code or restriction code, you enter it and then select the option to Delete [device].
- By contacting your operator you will receive helpto transfer the service to the new owner. You can do this whether you use a SIM card or not. Delete the device from your trusted devices.
How can I unlink a device from my iCloud account
If you want to unlink the iPad from the iCloud account, you must follow the following steps to the letter:
- Go to Settings,scroll to iCloud and click on [your name]. In [your name] you will find the account details. It is necessary to enter the password assigned to your iCloud.
- There you will see your Devices. By pressing each one you will be able to see its details and also delete it. In case the device continues as a login, you will receive a notification that it has not been removed.
- This will cause it to appear again among your devices as soon as you connect to an internet network. To completely remove it you will have to do a factory reset.
How to sign out of iCloud on your iPad
To log out of iCloud from your iPad you must do the following, they are actually extremely easy steps. First, go to Settings , then head to Sign out.
It will ask you to enter your Apple ID password and press Deactivate . It will offer you the option to activate the data you want to keep a copy of on the device, but since your goal is to format it, you just have to press Sign out and then do it again to confirm the action.
Procedure to format your iPad
Before following these steps, we recommend that you create a backup in iCloud , to preserve your data in case you need it later. To perform formatting:
Go to Settings> [your name]> iCloud and turn off Find My [device]. Back in Settings, click on General> Reset and go to Delete content and settings.
In some cases, they will ask for your Apple ID code . After entering it, you must confirm that you want to confirm the formatting and wait for it to be done correctly.
What do I do if my device does not allow me to format my information?
In case the iPad does not allow you to format it from the settings, you can put it in recovery mode and restore it from the computer. Make sure your Mac is up to date , as well as the latest iTunes update.
To do this, you need to know what kind of macOS your Mac has . On a macOS Catalina, you must open the Finder. On macOS Mojave or earlier, open iTunes. If you already have iTunes open, close it and open it again. Connect your device and wait for the recovery mode screen to appear.
- On iPad models that do not have a home button, you must quickly press and release the volume up button. The volume down button is then quickly pressed and released and the top button held down until the device begins to reboot. In order for the device to enter recovery mode, keep pressing this button.
- For the iPad with a home button, you must press the home button and the top (or side) button simultaneously. Keep holding them until you see the recovery mode screen.
- Then a screen will appear with the Restore and Update options, and since you want to format it and erase all its information, you must press Restore.
What should we take into account if we buy an iOS device from third parties?
When we buy a device from third parties or used, there are certain aspects that we must take into account so as not to be disappointed:
- Take a look at the state it is in. From scratches to speakers to good storage capacity.
- Make a safe purchase. If you are going to buy online, it is best to do it in a safe place, such as MercadoLibre or eBay. Check the reputation of the seller and that the payment method is reliable.
- Make sure it doesn’t have any lock enabled. Ask the seller if he has restored it to its factory version. If not, ask him to do so. If you purchase a configured iOS device, you will not be able to fully enjoy its functions.
- Make sure of the status of your warranty. If the device is sold claiming it is still warranted, you can check this on Apple’s website using the hardware code, located on the back of the device.
Purchasing an iOS device from an Apple store may make you feel more confident. However, by following the steps mentioned you can buy it from third parties and save money.