The xinput1_3.dll is missing error can be really annoying if you don’t know why it appears and how to fix it easily. If this error has appeared on your PC and you don’t know what to do, don’t worry, because today we explain the topic How to fix the xinput1_3.dll missing error in Windows – Quick and easy.
- What is the xinput1_3.dll missing error and what causes it
- How to Fix xinput1_3.dll Missing Error in Windows the Easy Way
What is the xinput1_3.dll missing error and what causes it
Before talking about the xinput1_3.dll is missing error, we have to talk about what xinput1_3.dll is, since it is crucial to understand the reason for the problem. Xinput1_3.dll is actually a very important component of Microsoft DirectX , as it is an extensive library of dynamic links, which make Windows compatible with programs that are full of multimedia elements and files.
Any program or game that has built-in sound and high graphics needs DirectX for these to work properly on the PC. With this in mind, it is easy to conclude that the xinput1_3.dll is missing error occurs when various programs and games that do support DirectX fail to run properly.
Specifically, it is mentioned that this error is caused by the PC’s registry being overloaded with invalid entries or the appearance of viruses, malware, Trojans or worms, it should be noted that each of these have differences. Missing Microsoft DirectX file and xinput1_3.dll files are damaged or corrupted on the PC.
How to Fix xinput1_3.dll Missing Error in Windows the Easy Way
Method 1: from the command prompt
- First you must locate the Command Prompt on your PC and for this you will have to write CMD in the search bar at the beginning of Windows and when the CMD appears you must right click on it and select Run as administrator.
- When the command prompt window opens, you must type the command sfc / scannowand then press the Enter key, after you do this, a diagnosis of your PC and the files contained in it will be activated.
- You must wait for this analysis and subsequent automatic resolution of problems and errors such as the xinput1_3.dll missing error to be carried out in the time necessary to repair the damaged / corrupted files in Windows, when the process is finished restart the PCand check if The xinput1_3.dll is missing error has been removed.
Method 2: restart the PC
This is a method that seems too simple, but it has actually worked for many, since the xinput1_3.dll is missing error can be generated by some momentary failure in the Windows system. So you can try your luck simply by restarting your computer, then check if this has served to solve the appearance of the error xinput1_3.dll is missing on your PC.
Method 3: download and install DirectX
Sometimes the error can be generated because Microsoft DirectX is out of date , so a very good option is to download the latest version of DirectX on your PC. As this is a program of vital importance for games and other applications to work properly, you cannot avoid an update if this program needs it.
So don’t waste any more time and update DirectX to its latest version for free , after you do it you can check if the xinput1_3.dll missing error has completely disappeared from your PC or you need to try other methods.
Method 4: update your PC graphics drivers
As the graphics or video drivers may be responsible for the xinput1_3.dll is missing error, it is best to learn how to update the drivers to fix errors in them and also the xinput1_3.dll is missing error itself.
- One way to update them without programs is to first locate the Windows Start icon on your PC screen, then right click on it and select Device Manager.
- In the list of drivers select Display adapters and in the display driver of your computer right click and select Update driverand then select Search for updated driver software automatically, wait for it to update and close the window. Finally you can check and see if finally the error xinput1_3.dll is missing is solved.