To buy certain content on Xbox Live, you can use a prepaid code on your Xbox. Unfortunately, certain errors can occur when redeeming a prepaid code, and users reported the XBOS3008 error, so let’s see how to fix it.
Xbox error XBOS3008, how can I fix it?
Table of Contents:
- Fix – Xbox XBOS3008 Error
Solution 1 – Check the status of Xbox Live services
In order to redeem codes and make purchases on Xbox Live, all Xbox Live services must be running correctly. You can check the status of Xbox Live services simply by visiting the Xbox website. If one of the services is not running properly, you may not be able to purchase anything and you will encounter an XBOS3008 error. Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do to fix this problem and you will have to wait until Microsoft fixes the problem.
Solution 2 – Check the status of your Xbox Live subscription
You should know that prepaid codes cannot be used or activated if your Xbox subscription is suspended or if you have an outstanding balance. If your subscription is suspended, you will need to update your payment information to fix this issue. For this, follow these steps:
- Log into your Microsoft account with any web browser.
- After that, navigate to the Services and Subscriptionspage .
- Select the blue question mark under Statusand select Pay Now .
If you want, you can also update your payment information on Xbox One. To do this, do the following:
- Select Settings> Account> Subscriptions.
- Locate the suspended subscription and select it.
- In the Payment and billingsection select the Pay now option .
- Choose how you want to pay and follow the instructions on the screen.
Solution 3 – Check if you are using an Xbox Live Gold trial subscription
Xbox Live Gold trial subscriptions will allow you to play online, but there are certain limitations that you should be aware of. For example, if you have an Xbox Live Gold trial subscription, you cannot redeem a prepaid code to extend the subscription period. However, you will be able to redeem the code after your current subscription expires. Additionally, using an Xbox Live Gold trial subscription will prevent you from accessing Games with Gold. Another limitation of the Xbox Live Gold trial subscription is that prepaid codes cannot be stacked. This means that you cannot start another trial period before the current trial period expires. You can still use prepaid codes to receive a separate Xbox Live Gold trial subscription, but as we’ve already mentioned, you won’t be able to stack prepaid codes.
Solution 4 – Delete and redownload your profile
The next thing we are going to try is to redownload your profile. This is how you do it:
- Press the Guidebutton on your controller.
- Go to Settingsand select System Settings .
- Go to Storage> All Devices> Gamer Profiles
- Select the gamertag you want to delete.
- Select Delete.
- Select Delete Profile Only. (This removes the profile but leaves saved games and achievements.)
Solution 5 – Clear the system cache
System cache flushing is a general solution that can mainly help with any problem. So, let’s try it too. This is what you have to do:
- Press the Guidebutton on your controller.
- Go to Settingsand select System Settings.
- Select Storageor Memory.
- Highlight any storage device then press Yon the controller (you can select any storage device as the system will clear the cache for all of them).
- Select Clear system cache.
- Confirm the action.
- Restart your console
Solution 6 – Console Power Cycle
If other solutions don’t work, you may want to perform a factory reset. This option will normally remove all files from the console and restore it to its original state. This means that you will delete all your accounts, saved games, settings and files. If you want to keep your files, we strongly recommend that you make a backup copy to a USB flash drive before starting the reset process. To factory reset your Xbox, do the following:
- Open the guide by scrolling left on the Homescreen .
- Select Settingsand go to All Settings.
- Select System> Console Information and Updates.
- Select Reset console.
- You should see two options available: Reset and keep my games and appsand Reset and delete everything. We suggest you use the first option, as this option will only reset the console and remove potentially corrupted data without deleting games and other large files. If that option doesn’t work and the problem persists, make sure to use the Reset and delete all option . This option will delete all downloaded games, saved games, accounts and applications, so if you want to keep some of your files, we suggest that you make a backup before using this option.
Xbox error XBOS3008 will prevent you from using prepaid codes on Xbox Live, but we hope you have fixed this error using one of our solutions.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in June 2016 and has since been completely revamped and updated for freshness, accuracy, and completeness.
- Fix: “You need to be online for this game” Xbox error
- Fix: “Game could not start” Xbox error
- Fix: “Required storage device removed” Xbox error
- Fix: Xbox error “Use a different way to pay”