If you get an update error 8024402C when trying to update Windows on your PC, this can become a real problem. Now, this is not a problem that you should take lightly, since updates on your PC are very important, since they serve to maintain the security and integrity of it. In view of this, it is imminent that you learn how to fix the error 8024402C, that is why we prepared for you the topic: How to fix the update error 8024402C in Windows 10 – easy and fast.
How to fix update error 8024402C in Windows 10
Disabling the firewall or antivirus of the PC
One of the reasons why the update error 8024402C can appear is due to some settings related to the firewall or firewall and antivirus, so it is best to disable it before updating.
- To disable the firewall you must first type the words ‘Security and maintenance’ in the search bar on your PC’s desktop and click on the option that appears.
- Once you access this option, now you must go to the Security section and then to Change security and maintenance settings.
- Now you must uncheck the Network Firewall and Virus protection boxes to deactivate these options and you can try again to update to Windows without the error 8024402C appearing.
Once the update is complete, you can easily re-enable the Firewall and antivirus check boxes by going to the same routes that you followed to disable them.
From the Windows Update Troubleshooter
Microsoft has created a simple but powerful tool called Troubleshoot Windows Update, which allows you to fix update errors. This software must be downloaded and run on your PC and then proceed to use it to solve the update error 8024402C.
Once you have installed the Solver on your PC, you must follow the steps below to use it as a tool to fix error 8024402C:
First, you must find and run the troubleshooter, to do this, click on the Windows icon, then follow the path Settings> Update and security> Troubleshoot. Then you must select the Windows Update option and click on the Run the troubleshooter button .
Then you expect the troubleshooter to take its time to detect the problem; If there is a problem, you will be notified and you must follow the steps given to solve it or if it is a more complex problem, you must read the report they give you.
Through the Run window
To solve the update error 8024402C from the “Run” window, follow these simple steps on the PC:
- To locate the “Run” dialog box, you must put the word “Run” in the search bar on the desktop and click on it when the option appears.
- After you access the “Run” window, you must write: services.msc in the space that appears in said window and press Enter.
- Then you will see a pop-up window called “Services” that contains a long list of many Windows program services. Go almost to the bottom of the list and double click on the “Windows Update” option , then a smaller window will appear.
- In this window you must click on the drop-down menu to set the start type to be the Manual option and in the “Service status” section you must click on the “Stop” button.
- Then, without closing the “Windows Update” service window, go to the file explorer on your PC and drive C: look for the Windows folder and then inside it look for the Software Distribution folder .
- Once inside this folder, you delete everything that is inside it, but you do not delete the “Software Distribution” folder itself, only what is contained within it is what you will delete.
- Then you return to the Windows Update service window and in the “Service status” section click on “Start” , so that the update service will start again on your PC and do not forget to close this process by restarting your PC, then look for the updates and verify that error 8024402C has been fixed.