This type of problem or failure in the system is usually very common among those who use the Windows 10 operating system . That is why in this article we will show you how to solve or correct the Update error 0x800F0982 in Windows 10 in a simple way. But first we want to give you a brief explanation of what is Update 0x800F982 error in Windows 10, so that you have a basic idea.
What is Update error 0x800F0982 in Windows 10?
The error 0x800F0982 is an update failure in Windows 10 when it requires updating the operating system and its built-in packages. Basically it is not a serious problem, but it is tedious if you want to keep your computer up to date, and your goal is not achieved. Given this, we encourage you to pay close attention to the following error solutions in Windows Update in an easy way .
How to fix Windows Update error 0x800f0982 in Windows 10?
Before showing you the advanced options that can help you, try using the built-in system “Troubleshooter”. Since this one aims to solve the code errors when updates are made, but we go to the advanced options.
Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter
- Press the search magnifying glass at the bottom left.
- Type the following command “troubleshoot” immediately a window will open.
- Several configuration options will appear, you will select “Troubleshoot other problems.”
- Later you will click on Windows Update.
- Then you will select the option “Run the troubleshooter”.
- This will open a window instantly that says “Detecting Problem” you must wait a few minutes until the system discovers the error.
- This will indicate the solution executed.
Start the Windows Modules Installer service
Windows Modules Installer must be active, because this way users can update the platform , since it does system maintenance. If the error 0x800f0982 occurs, it is because it is not activated, because below we explain how to do it.
- On the keyboard, press Windows key + R, this will take you to a window called “Run”.
- In the text box that appears, use the cmd command prompt and press “OK.”
- Later in the window with a black background, you will enter the following command “config trustedinstaller start = auto” and press “Enter”.
- After performing the previous step, restart the computer, whether it is a desktop or a laptop, and the Windows Modules Installer will be activated .
Delete the software distribution folder
The Software Distribution folder may have corrupted update drives, deleting them will update the missing components . Next, we show you how to apply the removal of the Software Distribution folder from the Windows operating system with a few simple steps.
- On the keyboard, simultaneously press the Windows + R keys, you will immediately get a window called “Run”.
- In the text box type the following command “cmd” and press “accept”.
- It will show you a box or window with a black background where you will have to type the following command “net stop wuauserv” and press “Enter or Enter”.
- In the prompt window type this command “net stop bits” and press “Return”.
- Now on the keyboard simultaneously press the Windows + E keys, immediately this will take you to “File Explorer”.
- Then open the folder path C:> Windows> Software Distribution in the “File Explorer”.
- To fully select the Software Distribution folder, press Ctrl + A.
- Then click on the “Delete from File Explorer” button.
- The “Run” window will open again by simultaneously pressing the Windows + R keys.
- As you will notice, the word “cmd” will be found there, press “OK” and wait for it to open the window with a black background.
- In the window, type the following command “net start wuauserv” and press return.
- Then he will write this command “net start bits” in the input and press “Enter”.
- Restart Windows and voila, the error will be solved.
As a last tip, try to update Windows Update to its latest version to enjoy and make the most of all its functions. We trust this article to help you solve your Update error problem in Windows 10, by going through all the steps given to you