Dota 2 is a great game, but many users reported that they are unable to search for a match due to Finding the Dota 2 Game Coordinator . If you encounter this problem, you will not be able to participate in any online matches.
More and more people have reported that the Game Coordinator just gets stuck while charging. In some of these cases, the reason for the problem was that the Game Coordinator was updating, or the Steam servers were down. There are also situations where the problem can come from your own PC.
In this article we will explore some of the best options for dealing with the aforementioned issue, when the problem is local in nature. Read on for more information.
- How can I fix the Dota 2 Game Coordinator search error?
- Have a practice match with bots
- Try to play as a student
- Play in Arcade mode
- Check the integrity of your game files
- Change the default download region in Steam Settings
How can I fix the Dota 2 Game Coordinator search error?
1. Have a practice match with bots
- Open up Steam , and run Dota 2 .
- At the top of the screen, you should see the message Searching for the Dota 2 Game Coordinator .
- To resolve this error, click the Play Dota 2 button at the bottom right of the screen.
- After clicking Play, choose the Practice with Robots option , and then select Game Mode Only .
- Click on Start Bot Match and choose any hero you want to play with.
- Play for 5-10 minutes with the robots, then press the Menu button > Disconnect.
- Once you get back to the main game screen, check if the error is still there.
2. Try to play as a student
- Open up Steam , and run Dota 2.
- Click on the Learn tab at the top of the screen.
- Play the tutorial for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Disconnect from the game and check if the Searching for the Dota 2 game coordinator error is still there.
3. Play in Arcade mode
- Open up Steam , and run Dota 2.
- Click on Arcade Mode at the top of the screen.
- Wait a few seconds for the game to load multiple games, and then click Play on any of them.
- Play for 5-10 minutes.
- Disconnect from the game using the Menu button .
Now check if the Searching for the Dota 2 game coordinator message is still there.
4. Check the integrity of your game files
- Open your Steam client and click on Library at the top of the screen.
- Find Dota 2 in the games list, right-click on it , and select Properties .
- In the Properties window , click the Local Files tab , and then click Verify integrity of game files .
- Navigate to Settings, which is located at the top left of your screen within the Steam menu .
- Click on the Downloads tab .
- Click on the Steam Library Folders option .
- A pop-up window will appear showing you all the information of the recorded library.
- Right-click the folder there and click Repair Library Folder .
- Restart Steam and check if the error has cleared.
5. Change the default download region in Steam Settings
- Open Steam , and click Settings .
- Choose Downloads, and then under Download Region, click the drop-down list and choose a different location.
- Restart Steam and check if the Searching for the Dota 2 game coordinator message is still there.
Here you go, these are some of our solutions that can help you with Finding the Dota 2 Game Coordinator Bug . Please feel free to let us know if this article has helped you using the comment section below.