The error with the message “IPSEC 0x00000000” in Forza Horizon 4 has been known for a very long time, and it is associated with various problems. The main difficulty lies in the fact that there are no normal instructions for correcting the error, and when contacting technical support, they also cannot help with anything. Steam technical support redirects to the developers of the game, and those back. Plus it is known that an error can appear due to a ban in the game. He can be passed off as an offensive avatar or something like that. The error prevents the connection to online modes or completely blocks the launch of the game. Despite all the confusion, there are still some things that can be done.
- Causes of IPSEC error 0x00000000 in Forza Horizon 4
- What to do to fix IPSEC error 0x00000000?
- 1) Sign out and re-enter the network
- 2) Disable NI services
- 3) Disable Teredo filter
- 4) Check if the time is correct
Causes of IPSEC error 0x00000000 in Forza Horizon 4
The following reasons can provoke the appearance of a failure:
- Ban in the game. You can ask the developers to unblock the account, but not the fact that it will work.
- Conflict with National Instruments services. NI and Forza services are not working properly on the system.
- Profile data bug. Logging out and logging back in should fix the problem.
- An active Teredo filter that blocks the connection.
- Incorrect network time.
What to do to fix IPSEC error 0x00000000?
Here are the best ways from all over the Russian and English speaking Internet that have helped others to fix the IPSEC error 0x00000000 in Forza Horizon 4.
1) Sign out and re-enter the network
The simplest solution, because it is also the first on our list. Due to a problem in user data, after logging into your account, the error may stop appearing. To do this, you just need to start the game and exit the “Main Menu”, and then connect again. Naturally, this will only work if Forza Horizon 4 is launched at least offline.
2) Disable NI services
This is the most common cause of the problem, and it is also little known. It’s all about the incompatibility of National Instruments services with Forza. All you need to do is temporarily disable NI services when the game starts. Most likely this software was installed along with Virtual Instrumentation (Multisim Circuit Simulator). Your system may not have these services, but you need to know for sure.
What should be done:
- Press the key combination Win + R, insert msconfig and click OK.
- Go to the “Services” tab.
- We are looking for the National Instruments item in the Manufacturer column.
- Disable all services of this manufacturer and click “Apply”.
3) Disable Teredo filter
If only online features are not available, it could be Teredo drivers and services. It blocks the connection to the servers, so it is advisable to disable them. Moreover, on the “Network” page there may be a message “Teredo cannot qualify”, although it still blocks the connection.
What should be done:
- Through RMB on Start, open Run and paste gpedit.msc.
- Go to the “Administrative Templates” section, select “Network”.
- Next, select “TCP / IP Settings”, then – “IPv6 Tuning Technologies”.
- Select “Default Teredo Classification” and click on the “Enable” button.
- In the line “Teredo update rate” select “Enable” – 10-30.
- In the server name tab, you can specify remlab. net / teredo- debian. remlab. net / teredo. trex. fi .
- We check the availability of servers with the command ping -n 60 teredo.remlab.net.
We also recommend that you reinstall all Teredo drivers. To do this, enter netsh interface Teredo set state disable into the console , delete all drivers with this name in the “Device Manager”, and then enter netsh interface Teredo set state type = default into the command line .
The next required action is to disable the Teredo filter in the router settings. There you just need to uncheck the corresponding checkbox.
4) Check if the time is correct
Time mismatches on the computer and on the server can cause various network problems. You should turn off the automatic date and time check, and then manually set the time zone, the exact time on the Internet and the date.
Usually IPSEC error 0x00000000 in Forza Horizon 4 is related to service incompatibility or Teredo filter, but the problem can be banned as well. There is a chance that it will be removed upon request, but low. In extreme cases, you have to re-create your Xbox Live account and play the game.